cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when appending to tables in the database for Failed Rules

drei
Explorer
0 Kudos

When Data Insight views change in structure, i.e., new fields were added, the appending of failed records to the database dedicated for the failed rules would fail during score calculation. As a workaround we delete all the records relevant to the view in the system tables (IS_FD_TABLES_MAP and IS_FD_RUN_HISTORY), and drop all the tables and views associated to the view (tables ending in _FR and _FD and views ending in _VIEW and _VW).

Is there a better solution or workaround for this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Andrei,

I came across the same issue a couple of years ago.  There is a better way, although it may not be supported.  You can try it out and see.  There are tables and views created in the failed repository table as soon as you store failures to the failed rules schema.  These are then never updated, however you can manually run SQL on the IS repository database to add in the new columns.  This requires changes to at least one table, and 2 views (I would have to check).  You can run this any time and then migrate the View to the target environment (or save it) and failures will work.

After the second time, I raised an idea that should result in View changes updating in the failed repository schema.  Please like it if you want to see it changed.  Refer:

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=9F6A80F0-02CE-4DBB-8533-DF30CFE6CA2A&idea_id=52E8D1F5-...

regards

Adrian

Answers (0)