cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading / Unloading duration based on MTr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I just wanted to know whether can I define the loading or unloading duration only based on Means of Transport? E.g. Bigger truck will take 1 Hr and smaller truck will take 30 Minutes to load. I tried with condition of type /SCMTMS/FU_LOAD_DURA but this always refers to freight unit data and hence calculates the duration based on number of freight units in an order.

Has anyone tried defining this purely based on vehicle irrespective of the number of freight units or the weight of freight units going in the vehicle?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Sandeep Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning Sandeep,

Did you try to define a condition with the condition type for loading/unloading durations by means of Transport (or Vehicle resource as it can be assigned to a MoT).

Then, the condition you created (For Load/Unload) can be specified in the planning profile.

NWBC => Application Administration  General Settings  Conditions  Create Condition  .

Kr,

JP

NiteshSaluja1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

What settings did u try in your planning profile?

Best Regards

Nitesh

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

Hm why exactly do you need this? Loading five pallets on a big truck should take almost the same time as loading five pallets on a small truck, shouldn't it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

you are right als long as we talk about the same number of pallets. I assume Sandeeps example means that there is more freight if they use the big truck.

My issue is a bit different.

Assumption: You have two sales orders each containes one pallet both have the delivery date 10.10.2015 10:00 and both go to the same customer
Loading time is 1 hour, unloading time is 1 hour transit time is 24 hours.

During SOS of both sales orders the system calculates backwards  req. delivery date - unloading duration(1h) - transit time(24h) - loading duration(1h) -> 09.10.2015 08:00 
So 09.10.2015 08:00 goes to the ATP check and becomes conformed by production.

Depending on the setup both FUs will receive 09.10.2015 08:00  as acceptable start date for Pickup.

During planning the system wants to consolidate both freight Units onto one truck. But the resulting freight order will be scheduled like this.

09.10.2015 08:00 + loading time (2 * 1h) + transit time(1 * 24h) - loading duration(2 * 1h) --> 10.10.2015 12:00

So we get a delay of two hours as the system is doubling the un/loading times.
In some cases it will be ok to say more freight means more loading times.

But in my current example the variable loading time is very small most of the time is for check in and other volume independent activities.

Best would be to define a fix and a variable un/loading time but that not possible in standard.

Best regards

Christoph

PS: Don't hesitate to call me if you have an Idea to solve this in standard or if you want to know more about the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

we are currently facing very similar issues with the freight unit independent loading time calculation. Have you meanwhile found a solution?

best regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I did not find any solution to this yet. It is very surprising that SAP kept this FU dependent.

Regards

Sandeep Patil