cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SSL With BI 4.1 & Desktop Intelligence Compatibility Pack ?

stuart1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently running BusinessObject XI 3.1 (FP7.1) using this configuration, we are using no encryption.

When we upgrade to BusinessObjects XI .41 we want to ensure users passwords are encrypted. We will be using the BI Launch Pad, Web Intelligence Rich Client & Desktop Intelligence via the Desktop Intelligence Compatibility Pack.

If I am correct we will need to configure the BI Launch Pad for HTTPS access on port 443. But I am confused about how we protect users passwords when logging into the Web Intelligence Rich Client & Desktop Intelligence/DCP. Does this require the Cobra SSL configuration, and do we need to run sslconfig on all machines running these applications ? This would involve 200 client machines in our case, which is pretty small compared to other organisations but still nearly impossible to do.

Can anyone advise ?

Thanks

Stuart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuart1
Explorer
0 Kudos

You do need to run sslconfig on EVERY machine running the client tools for SSL encryption.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stuart,

I request you to check this article:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2042632

Kind Regards,

Asma

stuart1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Cheers for the reply Asma,

I'm struggling to understand that document. If we enable HTTPS just for the static IBM HTTP web servers, and not Corba SSL between the Websphere and BusinessObjects servers. Would there be no encryption for users entering their password via the Desktop Intelligence client, potentially a major security hole ?

And if we need to use Corba SSL, do we need to run the "sslconfig.exe" command on the machine of every person using the Desktop Intelligence client.