cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Supply planning programs to return values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone else having issues getting Supply Planning to work in v4?

Using the SAP golden data on SAP2, we are still seeing issues with running either Profit Optimizer or Unconstrained demand.

With profit optimizer, the program completes without errors, but the output key figures are not updated.

With Unconstrained demand, the program completes with an error status, but no messages are available to show.

When we first saw this issue, I could easily this being caused by data issues, but given we're using SAP's data, and there are no data warning - I suspect it has to have something to do with either Supply configuration (e.g. planning parameters) or some sort of error with the application setup.

I've also seen posts that allow you to see the logs of what's exactly going on - but those solutions seem to only apply to older versions now.

Thanking all in advance,

W-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wade,

I'm working in IBP4 and the errors I got so far running the heurstic were always due to missing data, due to the fact that I forget to limit the horizon of the run.

Example: the planning scope include January 2017, but my data (time dependent customer source, for example) are set only until 2016.

This can happen also on Golden Demo data, the view are rolling but the data are starting to get old.

Did you try to limit the horizon of the heuristic run (to May 2015)?

In my case the system is giving me the list of those errors selecting "show messages" from the drop down of the "simulate" button.

Patrizia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Patrizia for the quick response.

We found the same thing ... even with the SAP golden demo data (which appears to be getting old and used), we found we had to limit the time horizon to a couple of months of good data.

It allowed us to run the programs and not get any data errors (e.g. Customer Ratio does not add up to 1.00), but it also doesn't populate any output key figures (e.g. Net Demand).

Did you find that you had to do ANY additional config to get Supply Planning to work - e.g. some sort of planning parameter that was not setup?  we're finding in the new release of 4.0, that Demand planning requires some minor config around the planning parameters - and Supply seems to be even more complicated.

Thanks again for you help,

W-

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I did no do any config for heuristic (I did not try the optimizer yet).

You say you have to limit to a couple of months of good data only.

My SAP2 planning area is set with a time offset of 7 months (current period offset = -7) in planning area customzing, so for this planning area the system think that "now" is August 2014

Maybe you have an older installation and this offset is not set?

I don't know if you can change the offset and the default plannign horizon in SAP2, but this may be a way to use the old data.