cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating application from Powerbuilder 10.2.1 to 12.5 ? Any problems ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have noticed a problem (the application fails !!) under PC with Windows 8 and using tactile screen. Do you have any good news on this specific topic, for instance the resolution of the problem in new version 12.5 ? Also, are there many bad surprises in migrating a plain application to 12.5 ?  Thank you for all who can help me finding a quick solution. Sorry for my english, unfortunately I am french ! Best regards. NB: If you know it, have you an idea of the price (dollar or euro) of a standalone new powerbuilder version, as I did not subscribe a maintenance licence with version 10.2.1. Is the new version 12.5 already available or always in test ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Didier,

I'd suggest to use PowerBuilder 12.6 as it is the first release which supports Windows 8:

System Requirements - Installation Guide - SAP Library

For your information, PB 12.5.2 has not been tested against Windows 8:

SyBooks Online

It would be very difficult to help you on your application failure if you did not detail the specifics of this failure...

Anyway, for migration considerations, please take a look at this wiki page:

Migrating PowerBuilder Applications - SAP PowerBuilder - SCN Wiki

I'm sorry but don't know what the price is for a standalone PB 12.5.2 or PB 12.6 release. You may involve sales rep (SAP Support & Maintenance | SAP, then contact us at the right of the page)

Yo can go to this url to get a trial of PB 12.6:

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/powerbuilder

P.S.: by the way, it is better to use this forum to post your technical questions as there is a wider audience

HTH

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Jacob for your answers. You gave me enough information to renew with powerbuilder development and sustain my application with an updated version and compatibility with all Windows environments, including windows 8 . Best regards.

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

A votre service

Answers (0)