cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component-Based Message Alerting not working for error message mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with us . I have the following questions:

1. I have performed all steps according to the blog http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/25/michals-pi-tips-component-based-m... but the errors of message mapping not send, other errors if displayed in the mail.

2. Is there a way to change the structure of mail alert ?. I have seen that in version 7.31 there job "AlertConsumerJobV2 "which has the description "Simple alert consuming solution for generation of emails . Enhances and Replaces the job AlertConsumerJob. It offers additional parameters and the Possibility to use an email template" and is necessary to pass the parameter EmailTemplateFile.

Thank you very much for your support.

Daniel Valdivia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

1. I used the Default alert rule on my system and have no problem getting mapping related alerts. As you can see below, it is included in the statuses.

Similarly, the same setup is recommended in another recent thread regarding this.

2. Where did you find the V2 version of the consumer job? I'm on PO 7.4 SP08 (one less than latest SP) and I cannot find that job in the NWA job definition. It is also not mentioned in latest SP09 release announcement.

Generating custom alerts is a common topic in this space. Look at some of the threads below for some ideas.

Generating Alerts into a FIle - you can check out the blog mentioned in my reply on the thread about consuming the internal alert JMS queue, you can then route it to a mail receiver.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee, thank you very much for answering.

1. Reviewing my setup I see is equal to yours , but in my case no alerts are generated when errors occur mapping . Alerts with an alert default mapping or new is not sent .

2. The version I'm using is SAP PI 7.31 SP14 and visualize the job AlertConsumerJobV2 there . Reviewing a bit this Job allows email using a template to customize the structure of the mail will arrive on the alert , the whole explanation lies in note 2088606 - Alerting : consumer email job to support language specific custom defined alert emails and email content

But now I have another question , as I can do to customize the subject of the mail using AlertConsumerJobV2 job settings.

Thanks.

Daniel Valdivia

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I dont know whether your system is single stack or dual stack, If you are using PI 7.31 SP14 with dual stack then you need to configure the alerts for integration engine component also using below blog. then you will get the mapping alerts from integration engine.

Kind Regards,

Praveen.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

1. Yours look like a dual stack system because I can see the Integration Engine runtime component in your screenshot. Please check out Praveen's reply above.

2. It's interesting that this new feature was not mentioned in the latest release notes. I guess you can try it out. I've gone through the SAP note you mentioned, and it does not look like it is possible to customize the email subject.

Rgds

Eng Swee

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

We have configured the Component based message alerting on Abap according the steps mentioned in the link referred by you.

But still we are not able to receive alerts for the receiver determination errors at the Integration engine.

We are on 7.31 dual stack.

Please let us know any useful information to overcome this situation.

Also if possible let us know if it is possible to have both the CCMS and CBMA working at the same time.

Thanks,

Sowmya

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to complete the configuration for both stacks.did you do below configurations for java stack?

Configuring Component-Based Message Alerting - Configuring Process Integration After Installation - ...

1. Start the SAP NetWeaver Administrator. 

Specify the following information in your browser: http://[host]:[port]/nwa.

2. Navigate to Start of the navigation path Configuration Next navigation step Infrastructure Next navigation step JAVA System Properties Next navigation step XPI Services: AF Core End of the navigation path and choose tab Services
  3. Set the value of the alerting.target service property to 1

and alerting.isActive (value true).

4. Set the value of the alerting.target service property in one of the following ways: 
    • Set 1 to switch on component-based message alerting. SAP recommends this option.

• Set 0 in case you want to use the "classic" Alert Framework mechanism. SAP does not recommend this option.

5. Restart the system for the changes to take effect.

Don't forget to restart the system. once restart is done check if the alerts are coming.

Regards,

Muni

0 Kudos

Hi Muni,

Thank you for your response. Yes, we have followed the steps mentioned by you for the Java stack and we can receive alerts as well.

But, we are facing issues with the ABAP stack failures. Please let know any usefull information.

Thanks,

Sowmya

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that user has required roles while creating alerts in ID as per below link. did you also complete all the steps as per below link?

Configuring a Local Consumer on AS ABAP - Administering Process Integration (PI) - SAP Library

Thanks.

Muni

0 Kudos

Hi Muni,

Thank you for the inputs. I now have the required roles, but still not bale to generate alerts for the failures at Integration engine.

Please let know if you have further inputs.

Thanks,

Sowmya

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Soumya,

Check my answer in below discussion.

CBMA ABAP Alerts: System is not writting to tab... | SCN

Regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank you for your time.

I went through your reply in the above link.

We have created the separate alert rule and have the objects attched to it. And we also have the headerrules in the table SALRTHDRRULE. But we are not able to find any entries in the table SXMSALERTCONTENT and also the alerts are not getting genrated.

Please provide any other usefull information on this.

Thanks,

Sowmya

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

Have you configured below parameters in SXMB_ADM? After these parameters you need to restart the server.

Are you trying the error related to which you assigned the object to the alert rule?

Regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Yes. We have configured the above 2 paramerts as specified above and have restarted the server as well.

Also, we are trying to generate alerts for the objects which are assigned to the alert rule.

Still not able to generate alerts.

Thanks,

Sowmya

Answers (0)