cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heuristic SAP_PP_009 (Bottom Up) & Finite scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to execute heuristic SAP_PP_009 and execute also finite scheduling. Standard SAP does not allow it. Using note 560969 it is possible to use a finite strategy in SAP_PP_009  although it still does not recommend it. I implemented it and I used other finite strategies like Find Slot.

Finite scheduling indeed worked but production levels did not work correctly. I had many cases where production orders of next level started before production order of previous level finished.

What would you suggest me to do?

I mean which other heuristics I should use in order to achieve finite scheduling after executing Bottom Up without damaging production levels?

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angelos,

Try with the option Always Consider Fixed pegging. The option is available in the heuristic, tab Strategy, Strategy Parameters for Dependent Objects section Pegging.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marius,

I did the following customizing based on your instructions:

it did not seem to work:

initially I check load using /SAPAPO/CDPS_REPT. it seemed OK. Then I run again Heuristic without Finite Scheduling strategy.

I noticed again in /SAPAPO/CDPS_REPT that there were days with overload.

that means that when I run heuristic for the first time with finite strategy production levels were not correct.

Is there anything else I could try?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angelos,

Your first issue it was for

"Finite scheduling indeed worked but production levels did not work correctly. I had many cases where production orders of next level started before production order of previous level finished.

What would you suggest me to do?"

Are you OK with this?

If you have implemented the note, you have to run the heuristic SAP_PP_009 with the option Find slot just one time. Is not necessary to have two steps. Normally the heuristic will explode the BOM  and do a finite capacity planning in one shot.

Also, check your work center to see if Finite Capacity option is selected.  

I don't understand what are you trying to do with running the "Heuristic without Finite Scheduling strategy". Is this the heuristic SAP_PP_009 with Infinite Planning strategy as selection? If yes, is normal to have over capacity.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marius,

I execute multi level bottom up using a copy of service heuristic for the MRP Planning with the following settings:

When I execute standard SAP sap_pp_009 (case A) withing the service heuristic I have the below sort of production orders: when I finish one level I start the next one. but I have no finite capacity.

when I execute custom bottom up using the note, with a finite strategy (B) I have indeed finite capacity but production levels are not correct: next production level starts before the previous finishes:

In a perferc situation I will have case (C). in case C it is usual to have a gap between production levels. therefore when I run SAP_PP_009 again I expect not to have any change in the results.

Message was edited by: Angelos Charalambous Dear Marius, I had error messages after running case (B). that could be the reason I do not have the situation of case (C). Have you tested SAP_PP_009 with finite scheduling strategy before? Regards, Angelos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angelos,

I think that you have to reverse the implemented note. Then in the Production Planning Run you can try this combination of heuristics:

1) Stage Numbering Algorithm - for low level code

2) MRP Run with Bottom Up

3) Schedule sequence with schedule mode Find Slot and as Finite Capacity - Time Continuous Capacity.

You should have the expected result.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Answers (0)