Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Dynamic Average LINE on Bar-Chart (CR-2013)...?

One of those things that is EASY in Excel (and other ChartingTools)....but appears to be out-of-scope in CR-2013.

Looking to create a Dynamic Average LINE on a Bar-Chart. I can quickly create the simple Chart - and calculate the Average on the Values...

...however, in the end-state we would also like to be showing the AVERAGE value on the Chart Y-Axis in a different colour...and have that AVERAGE Line move Dynamically when then data-set changes (*more Departments / Different values).

...neither the DYNAMIC position, DYNAMIC Label, nor the ALTERNATE Colour options appear to be available in the "out-of-the-box" Options on the Y-Axis in CR-2013...and "Draw Custom Line" doesn't fit the requirement...

Thinking that my options are maybe [A] Try to create a CUSTOM Xcelsius (Dashboard) FLASH Object - and try to Bind it within the CR-2013 report design, or [B] Try to create the report in CR4E format to see if there are better Bar-Chart options.

Has anybody solved this Charting issue before...? Let me know your suggestions. Thanks.

Tags:
replied

In Design View, right click one of the bars,
select Trendlines, Mean,
and turn off the 'Show Color same as Series' checkbox.

An average line would be added to your bar chart.

Click to select the line, right-click, select 'Format Trendline...' and change the color... 

Here is what the end result looks like in one of my reports:

http://screencast.com/t/KFJdX6Gyo

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question