cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Upgrade Options

0 Kudos

Hello All,

Our customer is planning on doing a PI upgrade in 2015 - and we have been looking into the best options available to perform this type of upgrade.

In terms of PI - the 2 methods we are looking at are:

Option 1.   Fresh clean install  / dual stack NW 7.4 - followed by a few months of functional activities to get the system back in operations.

Option 2.  Upgrade (using parcel landscape).    Upgrade of NW 7.3 PI to NW 7.4 PI.

We have been told that Option 2 can be quite trick with PI (not a strait forward NW install), and that some folks are just building PI from scratch.   I however

am leaving towards doing an upgrade - as it seems like a logical path - however, have never upgraded a PI system... and would like to get some guidance on what the

best approach to this would be.

Thank you everyone for any help or suggestions you can offer.

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edit: Oops.. Nabendu already replied first!

Hi Richard

In my reply on the thread below, there is an official SAP document on the factors on considerations when making an upgrade. It will guide you towards making the decision based on your organization's specific environment.

Re: Upgrading from PI 7.1 to PO 7.4

Rgds

Eng Swee

Message was edited by: Eng Swee Yeoh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thank you guys so much,  let me go though this info... should get us going in the right direction.

You guys are awesome!

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Check this document:

Regards,

Nabendu.