cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set specific fields read-only depending on authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have added customer-fields in the web-UI for Change-Documents and want to add additional authority-Checks to them.

The desired behaviour would be, that the fields stay read-only for normal Users, while all other fields still can be maintained.

Only Users with the specific additional Authorization should be able to open the Document for changing with these fields also open to be edited.

Any advise on that?

Kind regards

Rolf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For each (customer-field-) attribute you can implement a get_i_ method in the context note implementation classes. Those methods have a return parameter rv_disabled, that you can set to rv_disabled = "TRUE" for disabling the field for editing. You can integrate your authorization check into those methods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uwe

Thanks a lot for this Hint. Took me a moment to find the correct branch in bsp_wd_compwb , but now it works exactly as i wanted it.

Found it by pressing F2 in the Webbrowser while in the application. For my case (CHARM processtype ZMMJ) it was Application AIC_CMCD_H ,  view AICCMCDHeaderEF

and there in its viewcontroller Context-Node. Then BTADMINH (which was the Context in which i created the field in the Webconfiguration view). Here i found my fields as Attributes and could generate and then enhance the Getter-Methods. 

Regards

Rolf

BorisMilosevic
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

can you share your how to document with me ?

Im interested in the same subject !

Thank you.

Boris

Answers (0)