cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exposing RFM/BAPI as web service on WAS 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to know if RFM/BAPI can be exposed as web service in WAS 6.20.Whats the tool used to develop and deploy web service on the same.Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There really isn't any tool.  Any Remotely callable function module is exposed as a web service. Take a look at the following node in the Service Tree (SICF) sap->bc->soap. The RFC node is actually the request handler. You will also see a WSDL and documentation node. You probably also want to look at the BSP application WebServiceBrowser. You should note that I believe this all works much different in WAS 640. There are some screen shots from TechED that detail this in greater detail that available on SDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've seen in the Service Tree (SICF) two services that could be used to call and RFC with xml, some is sap->bc->soap and the other is sap->bc->xrfc, this should accept rfc-xml format like Business Connector, but I'm sending the same xml that the Business connector accepts amb getting no response. Has anyone an exmaple using this services sap->bc->soap, or sap->bc->xrfc in WAS 6.20.

Thanks in advance.

Xavier Tor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not able see the WebServiceBrowser in 6.20 - should I upgrade to extension set 2 (currently 4.7x1.1) - or is this functionality only available from 6.3?

TIA - Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not find the WebServiceBrowser in SICF in our 6.20 installation initially. Then I found it in SE80 and activated it. It is now in SICF and works just fine. Our installation is 6.20 SP 33. Hope this helps.