Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 7.1 Custom Partners changing at the same time

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

Hopefully one of you will have an answer to this.  My client is on 7.1 SP10.   

I created two custom partner functions (e.g. CRM and Technical Coordinator) and added both fields to the Details assignment block on ZMCR.   Both are manually entered at the beginning of ZMCR (there is no access sequence). However, when CRM is entered, Technical Coordinator automatically changes to the value in CRM.    And when Technical Coordinator is updated,  CRM changes to what Technical Coordinator was changed to.   The partners are acting like they are the same field and change at the same time.  They should act independently of each other.   What am I missing to make the fields independent?

Here's my configuration...

Partner Functions created...

Partner Determination.  Both partners were assigned to ZMCR, ZMHF, ZMMJ, ZMAD, and ZMTM. Only ZMCR is shown here.  No access sequence is assigned in ZMCR...

Here are the Extend Business Transaction Object Model settings...

The fields added to the UI availabillity on the Business Partner User Interface control screen for all 5 transaction types.

I did not assign an Object Relation Name so the system would default to use the standard methods for the Role Type.  Both fields are also assigned to different Role Types...

Added the new Partners to the UI in the Details assignment block...

The new CRM partner was assigned to field //BTPARTNERSET//AICRM/HEADER_FCT_06 and the Tech Coordinator Partner was assigned to //BTPARTNERSET//AICRM/HEADER_FCT_10.

In SPRO's Make Settings for Change Transaction Types, here are some of the tabs...

Here are no settings in Specify Partner Assignment...

This shows the same Object Relation Names as on the prior screen shot...

And this shows the actions assigned to ZMCR...

I'm puzzled. The fields do not appear to be linked, but they are acting linked in the UI.

I'm going to debug the methods to try to track the cause down while I wait for a response from one of the experts.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I found the answer to my question while debugging the standard methods that assigned to the fields in tcode BSP_WD_CMPWB.

Since I didn't enter an specific Object Relation Name, the system defaulted the value to the same value for both Partner fields (shown here in debug)...

To correct that, I entered standard values that were not in use by the other partners...

The fields are now working independently in the UI. 

Answers (0)