cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Scripting does not

Former Member
Hello everybody.
I want to use the SAP GUI Scripting (Recording and Playback) to optimize many activities here in my company (I work as an intern - Project Planning).

The option "Recording and Playback" isn't grey. I can click on it and it show to me the buttons. When I click "Record", it appears an progress bar on the lower left of SAP Gui (it looks like a candlestick, white and red). It says (when I pass the mouse near it) "SAP GUI Scripting: Script is Running".

But when I save the file (by clicking stop in the Recording and Playback scripting window), no file is saved. And I can't playback because no file was generated. What can be happening? The I.T. service here takes too long to help with this issues and it seems that they are not aware of this great tool.
I have SAP Gui 7.3 and SAP Netweaver Bussined Client 4.0.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

holger_khn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

Have you checked in path:

%appdata%\sap\sap gui\scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! Thanks for your answer!

In fact this folder is not created when I record and stop the script. And, of course, no script is created. When I click at the "..." to go to folder, it appears my desktop. I tried to create this folder "Scripts" inside my "...SAP Gui" folder, but no file is generated.

Do you know what can be happening?

Thanks for your help. This tool would help me in unimaginable ways.

holger_khn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello. This can have a few root causes:

1. You have not enough local Access to write in a specific Folder structure. If this is the case try to select an existing Folder in your private document Folder.
  2. Some restrictions exist on sap Scripting Parameter in Transaction RZ11. Probably you have not enough authorization to Access this area in SAP. This Need to check by your local SAP Basis adminstrator.
  3. Check SAP Gui Option for Scripting. See screenshot below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your fast answer.

I tried to save in many folders that I have acess, including usb cards. My SAP Gui option for scripting is marked (as the other 2, about notifyings). So the problem seem to be Scripting Parameter in Transaction RZ11. I'm not authorized to acess this transaction, perhaps only SAP Admin as you pointed.

To change the permission level of my user profile I must contact them. But isn't it strange that I can open the window "Record and Playback"?

I will contact them. But unfortunately it will take at least 1 month to resolve this, and as an intern I won't have priority.

Thanks Kohn!

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

when I do press the red button, a file is created immediately called SAPSCRTEMP.TXT under the specified path. Then, after I do press the yellow button, the file was renamed automatically in eg script1.vbs.

Maybe it will help you in finding the cause.

Regards,

ScriptMan