Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much work to setup alerting for "Mapping General" errors

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Single stack PI 7.4. How much work would be required to setup alerting on "Mapping General" errors? Alerting is already in place but does not currently capture messages which fail due to Mapping General error.

Thanks

Che

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che,

You can capture the payload URL like this blog mentioned

Also, you have another thread with some helpful advices: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3677989

Hope this helps.

Regards.

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

I am not looking to do anything fancy, like capturing the payload or adding additional information in the alert. I want to know if it is simply of matter of flicking a switch to alert on "Mapping General" errors or if custom development is required? i.e. is there standard functionality in PI monitoring to turn on alerting for "Mapping General" errors, or is this requirement non standard?

As I am not a monitoring / alerting expert I need to know what it will take to setup this form of alerting.

Thanks

Che

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che,

If you configure CBMA alerts with DEFAULT_ALERTRULE then you will get the alerts for any type of errors in the system.

If you want set up alerts for specific to Mapping General only then you can create the new alert rule and select mapping general error like below under message statuses section. (You can find this in extended tab in alert rule screen in integration directory.

If the DEFAULT_ALERT rule is not working for mapping general errors then check these statuses marked in DEFAULT_ALERT rule.

Regards,

Praveen.

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Do the alert rules need to be created in the Integration Directory against the iFlow? That is another option but I was hoping not to have to make changes in the Integration Directory.

Do the CBMA Default Alert Rules cover Mapping General errors?

Thanks Che

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che Eky,

Yes DEFAULT_ALERT will cover all type of errors including Mapping General errors. You can open default alert rule and see all those messages statuses will be enables by default.

Regards,

Praveen.

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

But in order to use this type of alerting we need to use the integration Directory or is this done outside?

Che

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che,

You can use Integration Directory or NWA for this.

Regards,

Praveen.

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

So it does not look like a lot of work which is what I was trying to understand. Thanks for your help.

Che

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che,

You can close the thread as mentioned in below blog.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (0)