Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badi for Adapt Customer/Supplier Data not triggered

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done an implementation of BADI MDG_BS_ECC_BP_MLT_AS_OBJ_DATA on an MDG-S Hub implementation, but the Badi is not triggered despite that is active and SAP says that will be called.

Is possible that the execution of this Badi depends on additional customizing?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jordi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jordi,

How are you testing if it's being called? Are you setting up a break point to go in debug mode?

This is part of the CVI and it probably runs with the WF-BATCH user, not the user you log on with. Perhaps it's running? What you can do is make an infinite loop in it and see if it gets into SM50, then go debugging from there.

Just a thought...

Cheers,

Boris

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Boris Todorov wrote:

Hi Jordi,

How are you testing if it's being called? Are you setting up a break point to go in debug mode?

This is part of the CVI and it probably runs with the WF-BATCH user, not the user you log on with. Perhaps it's running? What you can do is make an infinite loop in it and see if it gets into SM50, then go debugging from there.

Just a thought...

Cheers,

Boris

Hi Boris,

thanks for your answer.

I'm sure that is not called because I have made a division by 0 operation to force a dump and never happened.

Regards,

Jordi

Former Member
0 Kudos

all you need to do is create a message of type X and that will generate a dump. something like "message x000(00)." will work.

is the implementation class itself active? the class is not shown on either of your screenshots.

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Abdullah is right...

I was thinking to ask you to also check if you have application error in transaction SLG1, as division by 0 is not necessarily generating a short dump. Also this is part of the PPO, so perhaps you can check the MDS_PPO2 transaction for Business Process CVI_04 and see if you have any failures there.

Message of type X would surely generate a short dump for you

See if that helps...

Best regards,

Boris

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

Yes, the Enhancement Implementation and the implementing class are both active.

I followed your advice and I have put a message type X, but nothing wrong happended. I have checked SLG1 transaction and all was OK. And transaction ST22 hasn't dumps.

I'm lost because problably there is an unmet condition to process the Badi, but I can't find it.

Thanks again for your support.

Best Regards,

Jordi

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

I have tried to throw a message type X as Abdullah said (see my reply to him), but nothing happened. I also have checked transaction MDS_PPO2, but I get the message "No data records match the selections criteria".

Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,

Jordi

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Jordi,

Hmmm this becomes more and more interesting

When you approve the change request, do you get the Supplier properly created? Everything else works just fine, but the BADI is not triggered, right? I'm going to enable the BADI in our sandbox and see if I can replicate this issue... I'll post you in a bit.

Cheers,

Boris

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jordi,

I'm reading about the condition for calling this method and that's what it says:

This method is called when supplier data is saved and at least one additional supplier is assigned to the maintained business partner.

How do you assign the additional suppliers in your request, can you send a screenshot, so I can replicate the same?

I don't have this functionality for additional suppliers enabled in our system, so I'll have to do that to test.

Thanks,

Boris

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

I don't know if it's the right way, but I add a new registry on "ERP vendors" for each company. As I'm doing the creation of the Supplier (and BP), the fields are still blank:

Maybe this Badi is triggered only on an edition of Supplier data (SUP2) and not on Creation Supplier (SUP1).

Best regards,

Jordi

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jordi,

My understanding is that this BADI is called with the SUP1 process primarily, as this is when you create a new Supplier. That's when the PPO gets triggered and creates the LFA1 entries from the BUT000 entries based on this piece of configuration. I'm just not clear on the way its help is phrased, as it says "at least one additional supplier is assigned to the maintained business partner". We are using the Vendor solution here and there is always one to one relationship between LFA1 and BUT000 entries, but in case of a Supplier, I guess that could be one-to-many (BP to Sup).
I'm quite busy with our project right now, but if I get a chance I'll enable the BADI in the sandbox and check to see if it works and try to figure out what we're missing here...

Cheers,

Boris

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just a quick update...

I also activated the BADI, created an implementation for it, added the message x000(00) to it.

And had a few vendors added to the list in the request.

Upon approval, everything went just fine and no error or short dump or SLG1 error or workflow error... nothing. The request was completed just fine. Looks like I have the same thing going on. I'm not sure why it's not triggered. Perhaps Abdullah would know more? I'll poke around tomorrow again.

Cheers,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the only MDG system, that I have access to, does not have that BAdI node in MDGIMG.

This is in MDG7; right?

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah and Boris,

It's an MDG7 SP4 Hub.  I don't know, maybe I misunderstood the meaning of the Badi but I'm interested about the conditions to trigger the Badi.

Best Regards,

Jordi

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm on 6.1 SP9 and I have this in the node... when I activate the switch for Supplier.

We must be still missing something

Answers (0)