cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CERTIFED - WHAT NEXT !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  All

I always felt that gateway to SAP Carrier starts with Certification ..

I have recently cleared my Sap Certification and still have question what next ...

Can some one in group be guiding star for me

Thanks

Aniket

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aniket,

You must have gone through the SAP Carrier (Career) and SAP Certification forum, where you come across number of good articles and guidelines.

SAP Certification is not pinnacle of the life. It is just a beginning and part of your journey.

Hope this should help you.

Regrds,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi ... and Sorry for Typo ....

However my query was there is big gap on Experience professionals (Like me who have 10 Yrs of

Project Management Experience) In fact I am PMP , PRINCE2 and ITIL Certified as well and a

Fresher doing this (though I am not trying to avoid a subject that for SAP I am still a fresher)

However this does not gel well with Experienced Liabilities that I have... can you please suggest how

I can use my existing skills of Project Management and this added skill of SAP (FI / and CO as well)

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks

Aniket

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aniket,

The only thing you can do it practice! practice! and practice!

Use SAP Building blocks, download configuration and business process documents for various industries. Then configure in your demo system available.

SAP Best Practices Baseline Package

The more your configure, you get lot of confidence, you will become good in your hands-on experience.

Then keep on attending the interviews, please do not bother even if you do not clear them. However, learn from the mistakes, then at one point you will become experience in knowing the kind of expectations from the interview.

Meanwhile, if you find some time, read help.sap.com, visit Service Market Place and follow the SCN forum.

Hope these are helpful.

All the best.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi the hints  are really helpful

Is there any way why by which I can Gel My Project Management Experience with SAP ?

Thanks

Aniket

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aniket,

Good to have project management knowledge. However, the jobs are mostly role based. If you are working in project as a FICO consultant, you are expected to deliver the technical in that area. Even if you are good Project Manager, it may not really help you in that project, unless you are project manager for FICO deliverables.

Therefore, when choosing the role in a project is import. If you are chosen for FICO, you should do FICO role only.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks it was really great advice !! 

However can you please let me know how should i start approaching the Market for FI / CO Demand ?

It has been 3 weeks since i got certified however there have been no calls / positive leads coming over

You will suggest better over this

Thanks

Aniket

0 Kudos

I am Also Co certified & CWA  qualified but not have any call from any IT industry, wastage of money

0 Kudos

now I am working in my profession of cost & Manag accountancy

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

its advisable to install ides of sap R/3 ecc6.0 on laptop and do practice on it, to get better

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aniket,

Persistence is the key. I know market is very competitive and employers are matured. You need to pursue your goal until you reach it. If you come to a conclusion that it is a wastage of money, then nothing much could help you. Keep trying. You should have the same passion on SAP. Keep learning, start applying. Never give up.

All the best.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ranbir,

You should not disappoint, the market conditions are like that.

Keep patience, learn and practice on a daily. I am sure you would be able to get calls.

Being CWA and CO, you should have fair chance to get calls.

All the best.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks but sounds good only

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul - Thanks and Agree with you however ever after keep the hold on

There are companies who float the required for Experienced guys I mean I have around 100 requirements per week but all of them say want experience of 2 implementation , want experience of 3 implementation etc and I am trying to bridge this GAP

My Training Partner told me that Certification will help me get way passed through this Bridge

Thanks

Aniket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding Brk ... Still Struggling

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to remind anyone else reading this thread: SAP certification will not get you a job. You may get a job from your connections, your experience and training.

Certification is just icing on the cake, it is not the cake itself.

cheers

Paul

0 Kudos

Hi Agree with you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Nice to hear you want to enter into FI (FI AND CO though used in Silos however are different modules  )

.. Few things

1. Make sure that you get trained only by Associated Partner only (Freelance Training may help you to get knowledge by only Associated Training Partners will be Authorized to get you allowed for Global Training Program)

2. Try to get hands on on latest version (Probably S/4 Using HANA) and we are lucky that SAP Launched Simple Finance as its First Module in new business one suite

3. Make sure that you learn this from Project perspective and not from End user Perspective

Good Luck

Let me know if you need any more information

Thanks

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Aniket

How are you doing? Hope all is well at your end?

Now the million dollar question..did you finally manage to get a break in SAP FICO?

Asking because i am planning to do the same course!

Your advise would be beneficial.

Regards

Abhishek Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I plan to start the preparations for FSCM and Treasury

Can some one guide me Road Directions ?

Current Challenges in this Project

1. Funding .

2. Lack of Pre Information about the module

3 Future Scope.

Thanks

Aniket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aniket,

It's really good option going with FSCM.  You can try to learn new modules which we have more demand like TRM (TAX REVENUE MANAGEMENT) PSCD (Public Sector Collection and Disbursement)

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suresh .. is there any way I can get this done without OLT Reg ?

My worry till date I don't have any job offer from SAP Partners

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

To appear for certification without attending any SAP course you need to fulfill the following criteria:

1 To appear for Associate level certification without attending any SAP course you need Minimum 1 year of SAP Implementation Experience or 2 years of Support experience with minimum of 6 months experience in the module and version in which you wish to take up certification.

To appear for Professional level certification without attending any SAP course you need Minimum to 3 - 7 years of SAP Implementation Experience with minimum of 6 months experience in the module and version in which you wish to take up certification.

2 The last 1 year should be with your present employer

3 Your present employer should be a CUSTOMER or PARTNER of SAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Surersh 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sureshbabu

Thanks that was really helpful , 

my worry is i am already certified and i want to conquer some more modules however i am not getting calls from any trusted source

Do you have a better idea how to handle this

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aniket,

To conquer one module it takes almost a decade, learning multiple modules and master them would take more than the whole life. I would advise, try to learn niche areas in your module. For example if you are FICO, then concentrate on Advanced CO, FSCM, Treasury, RE-FX, BPC etc. They would give you good market value.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree with you Ravi,

One need to focus and concentrate on one aspect at a time. Following multiple modules/Sub-modules simultaneously may work but wont take you far.

Regards,

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhusan and Ravi

I have no option other then to wait for opportunities ... Hopefully some one bets on me and provide me a one golden chance to move forward.

However I assure you that I will not loose the hold and will peruse on  reading various stuff relating to my field

Thanks

Aniket

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong,but I guess as per the SAP agreement with it's implementation partners, there is a condition that the partners must have a certain percentage of SAP Certified Professionals in the consultant payroll .Since SAP partners are abide by this rule, employers are left with NO choice but to hire certified consultants like Aniket and Ranbir and provide them a chance to start a career.So like Ravi suggested, keep trying.

Regards,

Sam

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no idea Sam.

Somebody from SAP Education needs to clarify your question.

0 Kudos

these IT companies are clever enough, they certify there old employees to show on SAP data that they have SAP certified, but they don't give any chance to freshers