cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History working only with first system session started and not with any other session

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have problem with my history of SAP.

I have multiple systems in my logon pad like prod, development, quality, etc.

But history only works with very first system started.

If i start quality system session first from logon pad, history only works with that system sessions.

If i start any new system, history does not work. no history data populates automatically on typing back space or space bar.

My History setting is also perfect > History is On, Expiry time, max file size and everything is large enough.

Please help since if i want to work with two systems at a time, i cannot work efficiently due to non- working of history in system started after first time.

Thanks in advance.

Vaibhav Gandhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Vaibhav,

Please capture a History Trace,by following the below steps,and

attach the file to the message.

1) Open a GUI session

2) Press ALT+F12 => Options => Traces => Session Trace

3) Select 'LocalDB' from the trace listings.

4) Click Apply and OK,and recreate the issue again.

Upload the resulting trace files to the post.

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

What this ever answered?  I have a user with kind of the same issue.  The history only works in their first session.  They are not going into multiple systems.  It's all the same system.  They are just opening multiple sessions.  History works for the first session but not for any after that?

Any help with do.

Elisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

We never found root cause of this issue but frequently when this issue occurs, there is a workaround which enables history setting again.

When this occurs, we close all sessions of SAP and even close SAP Logon pad. We close all process of SAP from windows and then again start SAP logon pad.

After restarting SAP program in windows issue gets resolved.

We are not sure if there is problem with Windows or SAP program. But this workaround will help.

Regards,

Vaibhav

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If the issue occurs again, run a test with the note

1176026 - History: doesn't work even after MDAC repair

and provide a localdb trace

See

Session Traces - Netweaver Technology - SCN Wiki

Jude