cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT datasource not found in secured connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SQL server 2008 as database. In IDT tool I am using this connection in local and secured connection. When I use local connection is successful in datafoundation layer, if I use secured connection I shows error message in data foundation layer.

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

Appricate your help.

Regards,

Poorna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Poorna,

.cns will be local and .cnx will be published

1:Make sure that both connection are available(Able to see)

2:If available then check both connection status.If both are successful then it should be working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar,

Thanks for your reply, I tried same way, But it is failed while checking test connection using secured connection.

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

For local connection it is working fine.

Thanks,

Poorna

0 Kudos

Poorna,

Recreate new connection or create short cut and try once

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar,

If you don't mind, I have attached screen shots doc. could you please take a look and let me know the issue.

If your not able to see the screen shots please let me know how to attach .doc file. I tried to .docx, but there is no option to upload .docx file.

Thanks,

Poorna

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Poorna,

It looks like you have a missing DSN on the Server.

When you publish the connection to the repository it looks to the 64 bit ODBC administrator on the BI server.  There should be a duplicate entry for the DSN (same as on the Client)

Basically the IDT looks to the local 32 bit ODBC administrator,

the repository looks to the BI Server 64 bit.

But identical DSN's on both.

Jacqueline