Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to restrict manual entry in a certain field

former_member392795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

Please guide me how can i restrict manual hand written entry on Customer Ref. No on delivery form. I want to populate this field only by FMS.

Your prompt reply is needed.

Regards

Ghufran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default you can copy customer reference number from sales order to delivery note by going to document settings and per document tab select check box to copy it to target document.

If you capture customer reference in any other form then you can populate it from FMS.

So clarify your need. Best practice is to use SAP field.

Regards,

Chintan

former_member392795
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all. I am using Customer Ref. No. for coping Repair Order Number from my application via FMS. Some users manual populate this field and I want to restrict them from making manual entry in this field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version are you using?

If you are using 9.1 then you can use system to populate customer reference number from sales order and use configure UI option and make it read only field for customer reference number in delivery.

Regards,

Chintan

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean user is changing FMS value after adding document?

former_member392795
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Nagarajan, they can change FMS value plus they sometime add irrelevent data in this field which is my major concern because I have to made CR on basis of my Repair Order number whose integrity is compromised with errornous data.

I am using 9.0 PL6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write store procedure to restrict user that they can not update reference field once document is added.

Regards,

Chintan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ghufran,

Do you want to default from SO?

If you use SAP B1 9.1 version, you can assign a field for each user.

1. Open form setting, go to UI Elements tab.

2. Uncheck Active for Customer Ref. No field.

Other away, I can design it on UI Configuration Template, disable field and assign for users which you need.

GBU

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To copy customer ref from sales order to delivery, just select check under Document settings--per document tab.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan