cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP E-Recruit 617 Installation in SAP NW 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have installed the SAP NW7.4 system and trying to install the SAP E-Recruiting 617 add-on however i was not able to generate the XML file as add-on was not listed.

As per the note 1326576 - SAP NetWeaver Systems Containing SAP ERP Software Components, made as SAP ERP system however it was throwing error as ERP components are missing.

Our Solman system is 7.1 SP10 and the Netweaver system we are planning to install E-Recruit add-on is NW7.4 SP8.

Please throw some light if anyone faced similar kind of issue.

Regards,

Raja. G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja ,

If you would have read the previous note mentioned in my earlier post you would have come across the following

1752914 - LMDB/LVSM: ERECRUIT, LSOFE, SEM-BW, FINBASIS installation

2. General product system configuration

Background: These add-ons are part of the product SAP ERP, but they may be installed standalone on a NetWeaver.
           For more details about product system configuration, see https://service.sap.com/mopz => Specifics in Installation and Upgrade => chapter 4.4 ff.

For SAP BW customers who are using the SAP SEM scenario, there is a new process: SAP Note 1927083

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00a7bd07-8a47-3010-c1b0-adc0a3f9d...

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

SAP suggested to apply the note 1940845 and then we were able to generate the XML file.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

We are also planning to install ERECRUIT add-on on top of Netweaver 7.4 system. And we followed your suggestion and implemented the note 1940845 in our Solman System (Solman 7.1). But still we couldnt able to see the E_RECRUITMENT addon in MOPZ and generate a XML file.

Can you suggest, how you generated XML file.

Awaiting for your reply. Thank you.

Regards,

Ela

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We installed a blank Netweaver 7.40 (without ECC). To get the requirements for ERECRUTING 617 we used following packages. For this, no stack Definition is needed.

We installed one Queue with the following

SAPK-731AHINWEBCUIF WEBCUIF 731 SAP Web Client UI Framework Installation

SAPK-731BHINSAPBSFND SAP_BS_FND731 SAP Business Suite Foundation Installation

SAPK-731BHINMDGFND MDG_FND 731 SAP MDG Foundation Installation

SAPK-747BHINWEBCUIF WEBCUIF 747 SAP Web Client UI Framework Update

SAPK-747BHINSAPBSFND SAP_BS_FND747 SAP Business Suite Foundation Update

SAPK-747BHINMDGFND MDG_FND 747 SAP MDG Foundation Update

After installing this Queue we set folliwing in LMDB

Automatic delivered Netweaver 7.4 and

Produktinstance ERP6.0 - Erecruiting (dont set the Softwarecomponet installed) only the Produkt

Don't select EHP7 .... ERP - Erecruiting Standalon at this step!!!

After this it was possible to calculate a MOPZ.to generate a stack.xml rquested by ERECRUIT 617 installation

We Calculated for ERP6.0 --> Enhancement Package Installation

After this the additional technical Usage Erecruit is possible to select and finally a stack.xml was generated with the nexes SP and instllation of SAPK-617AHINERECRUIT whithout ECC.

Regards Stefan

0 Kudos

Hey Stefan,

thank you so much - works lik a charm! perfect instructions to solve this issue...

Best wishes,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen / Oliver.

I am in middle of E-recruiting Installation need suggestion here move forward.

I have installed NW7.4 latest and trying to install EREC 617 along with SPS.

I have followed Stephen's recommendation for generating xml file for using Mopz.. E recruitment add-on added in technical usages.

But when starting the upgrade using SUM SP14, it is reading the xml file and showing the target is EHP7 for ERP6.0.  I am not sure whether this correct or not.

Can anyone please help me here correct me if  i am wrong.?

Thanks

A.Sharif.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen / Oliver.

In addition to the above message, while generating xml file I have selected SAP enhancement package for ERP (7) .....  Is this correct ?

Thanks

A.Sharif

0 Kudos

Hi A.Sharif,

We installed all components with SAINT/SPAM without SUM.

The first SAINT with the 6 Packages for WECUIF,FND and MDG.(no stackj.XML needed.

Afterwards we calculated the stack for erec and sp's as you described " SAP enhancement Package for SAP ERP ( 7 ). This stack Definition we needed in SAINT to install erec and in the same Queue the sp Stack.

Regards stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stepan,

thanks for your reply.

So we shouldn't use SUM here ?

thanks

Ahmed Shafir

0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

we have the sum not used because all worked with the SPAM / SAINT. I think sum is possible too, but not needed

Regards Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan,

For me i tried using SUM but process going like EHP upgrade...because of .xml file generated with option ehp.   Now i have stopped the process using SUM.

Planning manually using SAINT/SPAM.

Thanks

Ahmed

0 Kudos

You Need the stack.XML in SAINT, too!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why Stack.xml needed in SAINT tool.?

thanks

Ahmed

0 Kudos

We selected erec komponent in SAINT to deploy wihtout stack.-->Message displayed like "EREC could only be installed with a valid stack.XML".

So we calculated an selected in SAINT These stack!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi stefan,

i have install erec component and other sp's using saint with stack file in plain NW7.4 and its successful.

but installed production version showing ehp7 for erp6.0 , is this correct ?

thanks

ahmed.

0 Kudos

hi ahmed,

Our System shows the same.

We think that's right.

Regards stefan

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja ,

If you had followed 1887979 as suggested in the first post you wouldnt have needed to raise a message with SAP  . SAP Note 1940845 was clearly mentioned to be applied on the Note . Check for yourself

This is just for completeness so that someone following the thread first checks the Notes and apply the required fixes before raising a message with SAP  . ( Saves a lot of time )

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manu,

Am totally agree with you however i have shared the note with the Solution manager consultant as i dont have access to the solman system. Really it would save lot of time.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MOPz please select Enhancement package upgrade option and then select EHP7 as mentioned below and stack as per your requirement. Also select the ERecruiting on ECC server under Default group to get the 617 server in the stack file and continue.

expand the stack fine and you should be able to see the 617 Erec files.

also refer the information note 1631422 - EHP6 / EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 - Add. Information to HCM Upg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Hoep you are doing the MOPZ via ECC system. However our case is plain SAP Netweaver 7.4 system without any of the ECC componenets.

Regards,

Raja. G

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja ,

Please check whether the following recommendations are met

1887979 - Requirements before opening an incident for MOPZ

Thanks ,

Manu