cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I bring reference of quality inspection lot while creating Q-Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I need to create a quality notification based on a purchase order and also refer to an inspection lot. So here is how it should work:

- UD is given and stock posted through QA32. (No notification will be created from this screen when this has a defect).

- Another business person creates a quality notification with reference to purchase order or inspection lot (preferred) using t-code QM01.

I am trying this using notification type Q2; however it only prompts for material document number/purchase document number (and no inspection lot reference). It would have been even okay for me if there were a field to key in the inspection lot number - but I cannot find any.

Now if I create notification from QA32 screen with notification type F2, I could capture the inspection lot:

Is there anyway I can bring this lot number (or at least key it in manually) while creating notification manually through QM01?

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Regards

Snigdho

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor

Hi Snigdhodeep,

I believe you are using inspection type "01" only for your purchased materials. Please can you check Inspection type details in the config node -

Quality Management => Quality Inspection => Inspection Lot Creation => Maintain Inspection Types => Inspection Type "01".

Please can you check if any Notification Type is linked to your "01" inspection type in your system? If this link is not maintained, then there will not be any notification created linking Inspection lot, Defects and Notification maintaining 1:1 link. Please verify it. If it is maintained, then you will get the notification with inspection lot linked automatically. NO NEED for any custom logic here and I too agree with Nitin's feedback.

Please can you check in QA32 and provide the inspection type and inspection lot system status, against which F2 notification is automatically created. I believe for that case, you have this config link maintained for F2 notification type with that inspection type..

I believe unless and otherwise a defect is linked with inspection lot, the inspection lot link will not be available in the notification as a standard SAP setup. If you also need to add a possibility to add prepopulate Inspection Lot in QM01 manually, you may try checking the user exits below -

QQMA0007  QM: Default Values when Creating a Notification

Please explore with ABAP team for a better exit if this is not helping much!! The User Exit list I always refer is here - https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45085

First you will need to add a business logic, on how to find the appropriate inspection lot, against which the notification needs to be linked. This should be double validated by your business stakeholders. Now once your enhancement is done, it will be able to populate the field QMEL-PRUEFLOS for your notification. Now please can you try adding a Customer Sub-screen, using the below config -

Quality Management => Quality Notifications => Notification Creation => Notification Type => Define Screen Templates => Define Screen Areas and Tabs => Create a new customer screen. Then maintain the nodes appropriately to pick QMEL-PRUEFLOS.

In case you do not wish to calculate the inspection lot programmatically, and wish to link the inspection lot manually during notification creation, then you can bypass the user exit path. Just try creating the customer sunscreen, and use "Activity Category" = A under the screen areas, while you maintain the nodes appropriately.

NOTE: I suspect, if you go by this route, then while standard SAP will link Insp lots default while Defects are created, there will be two places in Q2 notification where additional place has just been extended due to this manual change. If so, please add ABAP logic to override it for automatic process, so that this new logic is not triggered.

Saying that, I should also write that this is something I have not created before. So please can you model the scenario in sandbox/development system and suggest if this is working!

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help. Unfortunately my system is down and cannot work on it. Will try out your solution as soon as it is up and then close the thread.

Thanks again

Snigdho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all thanks Nitin and Arijit once again! I tried to bring the inspection lot by assigning notification type Q2 in inspection type 01. But the result is the same - if I create it from QA32 (by selecting the defect, I can capture inspection lot):

However if I manually create (t-code QM01) the inspection lot (using both Q2 or F2) I can never bring the inspection lot field in the screen:

I checked if I am missing any specific configuration but no luck yet. I found similar posts in SCN which are not yet answered. I found this bit strange as I think if I am creating a quality notification system by default should provide me a place to key in the inspection lot number.

I believe Arijit you are right - I need to take any one of those two routes to achieve this.

To answer Nitin's question - Yes I can go to QA32 and create the notification. But what I am looking for is pretty standard - capture inspection lot when I create a quality notification separately. I don't feel this is something unusual or unreasonable.

Thanks a lot for your help. Closing the thread.

Snigdho

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may not have an inspection lot when you try to create a notification directly from QM01. There are certain reference documents but not necessarily the inspection lot. I mean, to get a notification against an inspection lot, you'd need to have some defect record. For that purpose, other way round is designed.

Once you do that, you get the inspection lot number in the notification detail.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

Thanks for the message - you are right. I am going the other way only - create lot based on defects.

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks again for your support

Snigdho

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May I ask why do you need to do it manually when it is available with standard process? You have shown it, you know and this should be the way to handle notifications.

Is there a specific reason for not following standard procedure and seeking customization ?

ntn