cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country of Departure Blank - Customs Decl. Line Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I have several customs declaration documents where the line items themselves are missing the country of departure value.  Looking in our development environment I am seeing that 90% of our documents have country of departures listed at the line item level while the remaining 10% do not.

I am failing to see why some would contain this information and some would not.  We stumbled across this when we were reviewing a custom report that used that field to make other data determinations.

Has anyone else seen this? 

Thanks,

Rachael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachael,

Are you referring to Export Declarations, or Import, or both?

If Export, how does the GTS situation compare with the Foreign Trade data in the corresponding ERP Billing Documents?

And in which country are you trading?  I remember that GTS uses country-specific coding in some areas, so that could be significant.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave -

Thanks for the heads up on checking the feeder system .  I was able to see that the foreign trade data is maintained at the item level and at least, at a minimum, the country of origin is being stored correctly on customs export declaration at the line item level.  The departure / destination countries are still only being stored at the header level of the customs declaration.

We did get a response from SAP on this and apparently this was a change that was made between GTS 8 and 10.  We just upgraded on Feb 16 and my colleague was able to determine that anything after this point in time no longer stored departure countries at the item level.  In addition, we recently migrated from country-specific numbering schemes for the US, MX to country independent.

So at this point I think my question was answered, the departure / destination countries will only be stored at the header from this point forward.

Thanks for the response!

Rachael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rachael,

Basically the GTS system will look for the Country assigned to the FTO for triggering the Legal Regulations in Customs Mgt so, and only one Company code should be assigned to one FTO i.e. Same country should be there if in case of multiple company codes were assigned to one FTO.

Please make sure that these basic settings are correct.

Srikanth