cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG : Agent not determined if custom task used for the process levels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM gurus,

I have an issue in determining the agents for the SC workflow :

We are using Process controlled Workflow and the SRM version is 713.

The scenario is :

We have 3 levels of Approvers, and I am using customizing tasks for each level of approvals, as I wanted the workitem text to be changed to custom.

We have created the customizing tasks by copying the standard task 40007953 (SRM Shopping Cart Approval (1)).

Also the customizing tasks are made generalized tasks in the tcode PFTC.

When I log on to the tcode SWI1 or SWI6 and check the agents, I am unable to find any agents.

When I use the standard tasks that is 40007953 (SRM Shopping Cart Approval (1)), the agents are determined.

Please let me know, if I am missing anything for the same.

Also let me know, if there is any alternate solution which I can use to change the Workitem text for each level of Approvals.

Waiting for your valuable comments

Thank You.

AkkI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can redefine the SAP standard Task description and add the custom text. Refer Link below

If you intend to use custom task which is a copy of TS40007953 then make sure the configuration is maintained properly. Fo to SPRO  IMG configuration and search for "Process Level Configuration" and replace the "Task ID" SAP standard TS40007953 with custom one TS9XXXXXX.. Refer screenshot below

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

I created custom tasks for standard task 40007953 and maintained the same config as you've explained.

Still when I am ordering any shopping cart, and executing the Tcode SWIA to see the log entries, I am able to see the workitem text, but when I check the agents, its says no selected agents.

When I try with the standard task 40007953, the approvers (agents) are available.

Please let me know, if I am missing any agent assignment.

Thanks,

Aakash Awasthi

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Aakash

If you intend to use custom task then check following :

• Check if the "general task" indicator is maintained for custom task

Go to transaction PFTC  Additional data->Classification-> Change

• Make sure that you execute swu_obuf transaction after step 1

Have you tried to refine the text of sap standard task, then you don't have to replace standard task with custom one.

PFTC

Edit -> Work item Text -> Redefine

regards

sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

It didnt work, actually, I have maintained the task as the general task in the development client.

I did the same in my testing client and it worked in the backend and agents are determined, but when I check the UWL,I am unable to  see the WI for approval, If I change it to the standard one... I am able to see the WI in the Portal UWL for the approver.

I have not created the classification although, I changed the task to General in the Agent assignment under attributes.

I tried to redefine the text of the sap standard task, and it allowed me to do the same too.

But think of a scenario where in the standard task is used for the more then one level, then the workitem text will be same for all the three levels, which is not the case in my requirement, hence I opted to copy the standard task.

Can you help me with this.

Thank you.

Regards,
AkkI

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aakash

If this issue is now resolved then please mark the correct answers and helpful answers and close the thread.

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

the issue is not resolved.
I am still waiting for your expert comments.

Regards,

AKki

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aakash,

Since you have created a new custom task, so you have to adjust the UWL XML configuration on portal. You have to take assistance of Portal consultant.

Download UWL XML and add a new entry for custom task ( Just copy the TS40007953 UWL XML and just replace the TS task no) and re-register the system and clear the cache.

How to Upload an XML file to the Universal Worklist - Business Process Expert - SCN Wiki

This will resolve your issue. Take help of Portal consultant to ensure UWL settings are correct.

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

I reached out to my portal consultant, but the issue is I am copying the std task TS40007953, into three custom tasks.

Now if I replace TS40007953 to custom one in XML, I will have to change for three process levels means, three times...

Now I am confused, which custom task to give, I mean the task for which level.

Level  1 - Technical Approval (Task TS90007914 - copy of standard TS40007953)

Level  2 - Category Approval  (Task TS90007915 - copy of standard TS40007953)

Level  3 - Finance Approval   (Task TS90007915 - copy of standard TS40007953)

Now,

I am confused, in the XML, which what task I need to replace the standard task TS40007953.

Please help.

Thanks,
AKKI

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aakash

add new entries in UWL XML for each custom task  by copying the UWL XML entry for task TS40007953.

Make sure that SWFVISU settings are also Copied for all three custom task from SAP standard  task TS40007953 and then you re-register the UWL configuration and clear the cache.

Regards

Sandy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aakash

Check at the below places for changing the text :

PFTC transaction:

You can also check in class CL_IBO_INBOX_FEEDER_WI : Method IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_OBJECTS there is <fs_workitem1>-wi_text  you can add your text there ..

Regards

Vinita

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vinita,

I do not want to change the standard task, that is my last option.

I created a custom task by copying the standard task, but this custom task fails to determine the agents.

Also the class that you have provided CL_IBO_INBOX_FEEDER_WI is a standard class, Do I need to enhance the same for using the method IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_OBJECTS for my custom task ?

As I am not so good in ABAP, is it possible can you send a snippet of code so that I can get a reference and implement the same ?

Thank you

Aakash Awasthi

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aakash

Check this and let me know if it helps ..

Yes the class needs to be enhanced I did not find any other option as such maybe there is something else also we could do but I am not too sure ..

Check the code ..

In the standard code :

IF mo_wd_inbox_mapper IS BOUND. "if Mapper reference is still not available, don't do this.
         mo_wd_inbox_mapper->clear_details_area( ).
       ENDIF.

I INSERTED MY CODE PIECE HERE :

e_results = lt_workitem.