Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Plan & MIC status.

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

We have a requirement that QC will creat the MIC & Inspection Plan in status created, and QA will review and change the status from Created to Release.So where or in which object level i can put control so that QC not able to select the Status 4 for inspection plan, and Release for MIC.

Regards,

Asif.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would check with your security person.  Generally, an object status lke these can be controled by a security profile.  But I don't know that for sure 100% cause I've not had the need from a client to investigate that. But I'm pretty sure it is possible.

Craig

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

I have created a new roll will basis help.and attached the below condition in the object you can refer dow.But then to user able to create MIC & Inspection plan in release mode.Please explain what would be the issue.

MIC Status Table & Field Name (Object Name-Q_STA_QPMK,Table-QPMK, Field-LOEKZ)

Inspection Plan Status Table & Field Name (Object Name-Q_ROUT,Table-PLKPO, Field-VERWE)

QSTATMERK Master Inspection Characteristic Status 1

STATU  Status  1

Regards,

Asif

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think you can assign an un-released MIC to an inspection plan.....is that what you are trying to do?

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear John,

We have a process where the Quality Control Dept first create the MIC & Inspection plan in creat mode.After that the sam MIC & Inspection Plan will we reviewed by Quality Assurance dept and they only convert the MIC & Inspection plan from creat to release mode.So i want a control how i can only provied authorization for QC department to creat but not release.

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You'll need to verify this with Basis, but I think you had the right object above - Q_ROUT. I think this approach should work, but may need some trial and error. Sorry, not a security expert

Allow the QC department (creators) to have access to values of Q_ROUT-STATU = 'A' (or whatever status is 'Created' in your system), and do not allow access to Q_ROUT-STATU = '4' (or whatever is used for 'Released')

Give Q_ROUT-STATU = 'A' and '4' to the QA group so they can flip the switch from A to 4 when approved.

Good luck

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I second this. I think the MIC has to be released first, before it can be put in the inspection plan.

Therefore I would only worry about placing the security requirement on the plan.  Then by procedure, the review of the plan includes a reiew of the MIC's.

Craig

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Yes you are right, that MIC has to be released befor we attached to inspection plan.We are following the same.Only function is that any master created in SAP by QC, will be in create mode,afte QA review then it will release by QA.And later it will be used in production,it may be MIC or Inspection Plan.