cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS : Cost-Based POC

bmah
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a question regarding Cost Based POC Method..

Example:

All costs on project incurred in January. We set status TECO on the project on 10th of February and post delivery and outgoing invoice. On 15th February we have settlement - period end closing for January. The system does not calculate RA because of the TECO status and only actual costs remain on project  and are posted to COPA...In February revenues are posted to COPA.

In my opinion, system should calculate RA for january and cancel RA in february...the system does not check the date when status is set

How to do proper settings?

Many thanks,

Barbara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Barbara,

Have you activated Time dependency for System Status in IMG for Controlling Area?

It is a simple check mark in customizing under Results Analysis.

Regards,

Paulo

bmah
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Paulo,

no I have not. Really simple, but great impact. Thank you.

So do I have to be careful about anything, if I activate the function?

Thanks a lot!

Barbara

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara,

If you deal with Production environment you always have to be careful...  The system will start to log a status information as time dependent for Result Analysis only on a going forward basis, so it will not impact your old projects.

I think you can setup a test in your QA environment to switch the function in the middle of existing project (result analysis) calculation life cycle and see if you need to move the status back and forward again to populate time dependency data.

Regards,

Answers (0)