cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insp lot without specification or Task list ?

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am creating inspection lot by doing Raw material GR. in material master i have maintained the data like inspection with material specification,

but i have Not Maintained any specification for this material , so as for the standard behavior insp lot need to be create with CRTD status, but hear it is created with REL status.

i have tested the same scenario in my QAS there INSP lot created with status CRTD, but the same in DEV it created with REL status, can anybody let me Know , what is the configuration needed to control this .

Regards,

Mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please attach screenshot of both server's QM View of that material.

Thanks

Manish

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suspect if you really get the REL inspection lots without maintaining anything. I'd advice you to run a check to see if

• there is a probability, by any chance, that you once opened QS61 for M1 and do nothing and saved it? This will actually maintain the spec for the material and inspection lot will stand REL status.
  • Since you get the discrepancy in QAS but not in DEV, I believe there could be some kinda enhancement, coding stuff which didn't transport to QAS (Though very less chance for this to happen)

As far as I know, I don't see another reason for REL status. We have seen inspection lot with CRTD with all settings ON, but never the vice verse !

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Verify in the inspection type set up the tick box for "Check Chars" is on or off for the material?  I suspect you'll see a difference in this setting between the two systems.  If this is off, no characeristics are required and only a UD is required.

Craig

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Can you compare the MM03-> Quality view, 01 inspection type in DEV and QA clients?

There are check boxes to choose inspection with task list or not, inspection with mat spec or not. This could be the difference.

Thanks

Prem

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Please can you check DEV system Material master QM view to understand if Insp with task list is also picked and if inspection plan is created and getting attached to the material during inspection lot creation.

Thanks,

Arijit

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Banerjee,

thank you for the reply , i checked in the qp02  there is no Plan maintained for this material.

can you  please confirm that , weather it is possible to create inspection lot with REL status without a Specification or task list.

Regards,

mahesh.

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Banerjee,

thank you for the reply , i checked in the qp02  there is no Plan maintained for this material.

can you  please confirm that , weather it is possible to create inspection lot with REL status without a Specification or task list. inspection Specification is there for the same Material for other plants. there is no specification in the plant where i have done the GR .

Regards,

mahesh.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I believe you need to have either of one of them to be active to carry out quality inspection. In case if neither of them is active and still your inspection lot is getting REL status, please can you check with ABAP team if some necessary QM plan/specification check is getting bypassed!!

I have no other clue here. May be you can explore some SAP notes too or wait for some further expert advice.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check QM view of material in QA and DEV server. There will be difference in following mentioned parameters

1. Sampling proceudre

2. Tick on 100 % inspection

Regards

Manish