Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create custom Menu Item ID for custom launchpad links

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Short story:

I created new navigation links using launchpads( transaction lpd_cust )  for the role: GRCACCMGMT . Now I want to make them visible/invisible only for some users.

I saw that I can achieve this using Menu Item ID .

I tried to create new custom MenuID from path IMG->Governance,RIsk and Compliance->General Settings->Maintain Customer Specific Menus->Maintain Authorization for Application Links , but I cannot assign  a authorization object to this custom menu.

How can I achieve this?

I also took a look over the notes

1945697 - How to control the visibility of links in NWBC

1635932 - How to create a Launchpad and associate to a new role

In the first I saw that the standard menu item Id is using an authorization object, but for the custom Menu Item Id`s this option is not available.

Can you help me?

Regards,

Ovidiu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ovidiu,

Please check this SAP Note 1718540 - Action Usage by User, Role and Profile Reports

You can check in SM34 for View GRFNVC_ITEMAUTH where you can find the mapping of Menu Item Id to "Authorization Objects"

The SM34 view comprises of:

Menu Authorization Entity Mapping
Menu Item (Item Auth Mode is PFCG)
PFCG Auth Mapping Table

In PFCG Auth Mapping Table you will see the references to the Menu Item Ids with descriptions

The link to which report you are launching is based on the launchpad (LPD_CUST).

The item configuration will contain the "Add Information" for MENUITEMID = xxxx which is under the "Advanced Parameters"

For creating Custom authorization objects SAP has provided option to use the view GRFNVC_ITEMAUTHC

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.