Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xi Integration with website

former_member192079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

my Scenario is like : through XI , a particular Bank Website is login for any

account . XI has to read data ( account details) from that <b>website</b> ( Probably html page). store it into our local SAP system as file/data base.

i am not able to decide which adapter to use..

& what could be the scenario file -> XI <-> http or else.?

from XI to website, it is a two way communication( like Request ( Username/pass)

& Responce( account Details)

please guide me what should be the scenario would be....?

Regards

Ashutosh.R<b></b>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will this scenario require a HTTP Post or a HTTP Get ?

WIll it provide a webservice that can allow you to read the user id and password?

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member192079
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Bhavesh

the website is of bank,(Seperate organization) through XI , i had to pass the user name password

, & get bank details ,

the issue is also of security ( i.e VeriSign Secured)

Is their any possiblity of exposed wsdl file of the bank..

Regards

Ashutosh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case the Bank Provides a websrvice to access the same, you sure can use the SOAP adapter,

SAOP adapters support SSL and so you can use Digital Signatrues to connetc to the target Bank 's Service using the SOAP adapter and then get the response from them as per your requirement.

But, the question that you need to ask the Banking team is , will they provide a webservice? or what is the interface with which XI should collect the detauils from them?

Is it a webservice or a HTTP page that supports a HTTP Post and allows you to get the response back? If it is the HTTP post then you need to use the HTTP receive adapter and if uit provides a Webservice then use the SOAP adapter.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide some additional information

the website is of bank,(Seperate organization) through XI , i had to pass the user name password, & get bank details ,

>>> Which system is UserName, Password and bank details maintained.

the issue is also of security ( i.e VeriSign Secured)

>>> XI supports message level security, So you can have secure communications(over SSL) between your bank and XI and Backend

Is their any possiblity of exposed wsdl file of the bank..

>> XI can act as Webservice providers or WebService consumers. Can you provide more details of your question.

Satish

former_member192079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi satish

here, XI will be a webservice consumer ( if Bank agree to provide wsdl file).

the username/password ,intially it will be in a file, later when XI-> Website part is succesed, then it will be a database table holding these details of user/ pass...

if in case , we are not able to get bank exposed webservice( wsdl)....,

than i had to go for HTTP...

Regards,

Ashutosh

former_member192079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi bhavesh

the VerySign is some security system , used by banks Sites,

do our XI configuration, has to make any other consideration for this issue...?

Regards

Ashutosh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

I know verisign is used for Security in Banking Online transactilns. Also, like I mentioned as XI supports Digital Signatrues and SSL you wil be able to use the SOAP adapter to interact with the Versign support banking Application.

You will just need to confuigre the SSL on your XI server and you will be able to use the SOAP adapter to interact with the same,.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can go with Synchronous communication between Website and XI. Depending on your web application servers capability you can go with HTTP or SOAP

Option1: Website(HTTP) <> XI <> (Proxy or RFC)SAP R/3

Option2: Website(SOAP)<> XI <> (Proxy or RFC)SAP R/3

Assuming you have a Website as the login frontend and display. User credentials and Account details are stored in SAP R/3

Satish

null