cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebuild deleted EH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

If i have delete a EH in EM then again the EH is created with same tracking id it rebuilds the whole EH. Where is the information saved for rebuilding this EH ?

Thanks,

Shubh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubh,

This is a standard behavior in SAP EM. If you have activated the flag "Change Doc. Activation" for Event Handler and when you delete event handler, the deletion program deletes corresponding change documents of Event handler header data, Expected events, Info parameters, Control parameters, Query IDs and Tracking IDs.  However, if you create a new event handler with same event handler GUID, then event handler tags all existing change documents to a new event handler as GUID helps to retain all existing change activities.

Check the following link for more information http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em900/helpdata/en/7e/28784289b4de54e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

with the same Guid the EH is only created in reprocessing case. In Shubs case there is a new Guid created as the EH was deleted before.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shubh,

how did you delete the EH?

Is the corresponding Application Object still existing?

If this is changed and the previous EH was deleted a new EH will be created.

You should keep the Application Object and the corresponding EH in sync i.e. only delete EH that have an Application Object that is also deleted/deactivated/closed and cannot be changed.

If this is not possible you should somehow react in the relevance function. But this really depends on the scenario.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steffen ,

Thanks for your reply.  No my application object is not deleted and we cannot delete it as well. Only EH is deleted . I have deleted the EH using report  /saptrx/eh_delete.  So from where does the EH gets the history information ?

Thanks,

Shubh.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the Application object is changed the EH is created again according to your extractors in the Appl. System.

If the messages are not deleted they will be processed as they have the Tracking IDs for the new EH.

If you cannot delete the Apllication Object you should find any criteria to sort it out in the Relevance function.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steffen ,

Thanks again. So if i delete the EVM header will there be any issue ?

Thanks,

Shubh