Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong values in DB02 - MSSQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Following problem.

Instead of trusting autogrowth i added a Datafile to MSSQL Server. This was fine. But then a coworker told me, it's not necessairy. So i shrinked and deleted it. Now the DB02 is showing this added/deleted datafile.

But it's not in DB or on OS anymore:

It the second red button.

I read shrink and delete is not a good option. But how to resolve this issue right now?

Kind Regards

Lino

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lino

1.  You can check the same in MS SQL management studio at OS level. On everyday once the daily backup get completed you can start the Sql truncate log backup to clear the Log DB.

2. Refer the SAP KBA for over all performance of DB

1744217 - MSSQL: Improving the database performance

3. What is the verion of MS SQL server ?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well thank for your reply. But this was not my question...

I shrinked file, deleted it in MSSQL Management Studio and saw thats still in SAP....

Version is MSSQL 2008r2

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your info,

Could you share transaction ST04 first page? on the same screen you can find the over all DB & log  size & free space after deleted & shrinked .

On SQL MMC you can enable the auto-shrinking , Is this Database mirrored to any other DB?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is autogrow option enabled and which is 60 MB when required. But its not good to extend the database in pord automatically and this may cause performance issue. I would suggest to add more space (keep 5-10%) freespace in the data file and also keep the autogrow option enabled. MS SQL recommends to keep all the data files size same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil

Thanks for your reply. But that was not the question. The 5th datafile was shrinked and deleted. But its still displayed there.

Kind regards

Lino