cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Manifest output options and event based trigger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I wanted to know following regarding output management - Shipping manifest.

1) Currently it can be generated by executing the actions from the output management tab. Just wanted to know whether can it be generated automatically based on certain trigger (say document status) ? Is it standard or will need ABAP enhancement?

2) Generally a printer is specified when we generate shipping manifest. The question here is can the printer be automatically setup based on the user logged on the system?

3) Can this be emailed to multiple recipients after completion of certain event?

Appreciate help here. Thanks in Advance

Regards

Sandeep Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

1. It can be done. In addition to some PPF customizing, It requires some ABAP coding as well.

I think you have 2 output profiles assigned to document type (Ex: in Forwarding order document type) in customizing. One of the output profile can be used for processing the actions in background. Assign this shipping manifest Action definition to output profile. Make sure the action settings ''Processed at'' as Processing when saving document in SPPFCADM transaction.

You will have to code in Schedule condition to make sure this action is processed only when document status is met with desired status.

2.Yes. we had done this already for our customer.

We have customer specific customizing to maintain User specific printers or pick it from the User master. You can also have table maintenance where in you maintain user specific printers.

Look at the class - /BOFU/CL_PPF_SERV_FOR_BO and Method - DETERMINE_PRINTER_BY_ABAP.

3.You can very well mail to multiple reciepents.

Please let me know if you have any challenges inbetween.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for immediate reply. I will try the suggestions given by you. Writing condition seems to be tricky part. Is it possible you post sample condition text in case you have one with you which will help me write the condition in a similar way

Regards

Sandeep Patil

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Bharath,

for point 3 : Are you referring the EM rule set to trigger the mail notification or Does any SAP standard functionality exist in TM to send a mail notification based on event update from EM?

Regards

Sukumar

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sukumar,

I am not referring to EM rule set. Am talking about PPF functionality which can be incorporated with Output Management in TM. With the help of PPF you can trigger a mail to multiple reciepents.

Thanks,

Bharath.

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you Bharath.

EM Rule set needs additional TM KDS structure to trigger the output mail notification.

Seems TM standard functionality promising to implement the new requirements  without any custom table and rule set activity  creation in EM. 

Regards

Sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Regarding point 2 in your reply, where do I assign the said class?

Regards

Sandeep Patil

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

Go to SPRO -> Cross-Application Components ->Reusable Objects and Functions for BOPF Environment -> PPF Adapter for Output Management -> Maintain Output Management Adapter Settings.

Here you should define your custom class where user specific printer logic written should be assigned as Agentclass against BO and node. Check the attachment.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bharat for your reply

Answers (0)