cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 Signature property from Agentry to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using an agentry application deployed on SMP3.0 SP04 and trying to use signature property in agentry screen.

We need to show captured signature into the our PDF file.

How do we send this signature property from agentry to PDF? Is there a way to send signature image to PDF file.

Please provide your suggestions.

Thanks,

Vijay Baskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Are you trying to access the signature on the device for including in the PDF before you transmit back to the sever or at the server / backend?

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I need to access/show signature on the device for including in the PDF before transmit.

Here we need to show captured signature image on the PDF.

Thanks,

Vijay

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Is it  better  to implement logic in SAP backend to  embedded  captured  signature on to PDF.

Other  alternative to do it on client side is using OPEN  UI.

Thanks

Manju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

Yes we are using OPEN UI to create PDF. So how to show captured signature image on the PDF using OPENUI?

Is there any possible to send captured signature image to OPEN UI using External Field?

Thanks,

Vijay

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vijay,

I'm not  expert in OPEN UI programming  but  got confirmation from one of my colleagues that it should be doable.

The signature is saved as an image on the device file system, and the path is most likely available (assumption). You can then send this path to the Open UI control as an Agentry Value.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Manju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think OpenUI is necessary, there is plenty of PDF java libraries that you can use to create the pdf in java with the signature captured (basically binary). The library I used before was iText.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kevin,

The key requirement here is that it has to be done on the device.  The challenge is how to get access to the binary signature data on the device.

Depending on the platform being used that will limit what libraries can be used and will probably then require Open UI (unless they are on Windows).  This is a request that is occurring more and more and I know the product team is looking at it as well.

--Bill