Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Data is not passing from one custom component to another during navigation

Hi all,

I created 2 custom components 'A' and 'B'. In 'A' I created table view with value node( table type i.e zbptable). I am fetching data

and displaying it on 'A' Component's view. My requirement is when button say 'Goto' is clicked on 'A' Component view ,then the same

record(data) should be displayed in the 'B' Component view. In 'B' also I created table view with the context node( this structure is same as

that of the A component context node). In 'A' , I created outbound plung in view, window and navigation links. In the runtime repository

I did all the required steps like creating component usage for 'B', assigning view to window etc. I followed all the steps defined in the

navigation blog created in forums. I binded the context nodes of both the components in WD_USAGE_INITIALIZE.

Problem is data is not getting transferred to the 'B' Component. I am able to navigate to 'B' component when the button is pressed

but getting only empty view displayed without data in the table view of 'B' Component. Iam able to debug everything. But when the control goes

to 'B' there is no data coming there in 'B' Can any one let me know if I am missing anything.

WebUI Navigation guide is the blog I followed and created all the steps. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question