cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerBuilder 12.6 problem with Outlook

Former Member
0 Kudos

We upgraded our PowerBuilder applications from PowerBuilder 11.0 to PowerBuilder 12.6 (Classic) and now when we use MailSession to send e-mails a copy of the e-mail is no longer put in the user's Outlook sent folder.  We are using Outlook 2010 version 14.0.7143.5000 (32-bit).  The version of Outlook was not changed.

Is some additional coding required to get a copy put in the sent folder in version 12.6?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member202249
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Martti and All,

The CR I opened last week has been fixed.  The fix should be in the next PB 12.6 EBF.  (I don't know when it will be released !)

I've been forwarded some additional information on the implementation and will be working with engineering to get it into a format that can be shared.

Pat

former_member202249
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Chris and Martii,

There actually were some changes to PB 12.6 for Extended Mapi although it is not documented and I have no details.   I found a note in an old CR I opened to support Extended Mapi after the docs were final.  It just states it had been implemented as a result of another CR. 

Using a simple example with Outlook 2010 32 bit, I see the simple email I sent in my sent folder with PB 11.5 and do not with PB 12.6.   In PB 12.6 I also do not see the Microsoft warning I did in older versions.

I've opened CR 780378 and will update here when I hear back from engineering.

Pat Steinhardt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for opening the CR.  I could not figure out how to create one myself.

Hopefully, we will hear back from engineering quickly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia;

Thank you for confirming PB 12.6's MAPI changes! Yes, extended MAPI would explain Outlook not prompting the user each time an email was sent. Looks like the Extended MAPI upgrade needed some more Beta testing though.

Also, thanks for going the extra mile in testing this and creating the CR for Martti!

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia.

Can you tell us, the CR for which that implementation was done, which version(s) of PB does it affects?

Thank you.

former_member202249
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The enhancement CR that says this was implemented was 706548.  PB 12.6 GA , no previous versions.

I'll escalate the new CR early next week and also ask for more information about PB's implementation.

Pat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martti;

Current PB releases use Basic MAPI "under the covers" to perform its interaction with the Mail Client (aka OutLook in your case). Sybase should have changed PB many years ago to use Enhanced MAPI to support newer versions of OutLook - but, this was never done. Personally, I am surprised (unless you are using a really old version of Outlook) that the MailSend ( ) even still worked in PB 11.x.

AFAIK there were no changes to PB 12.6's Basic MAPI support. So unless you can account for other environmental changes in your organizations email area - this sounds like a PB bug. This might be worth opening an SAP Support Case on this issue.

Regards ... Chris