cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Software Components installed on Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While adding a new 'Managed System' to my Solution Manager setup, I've discovered an issue. The 'Check Preq's' failed with:

When I look in SMSY, the Java stack is there. When I look in the SLD, the Java Stack is there with all the correct components. But when I look in the LMDB, under 'Java', it does not appear.

I checked the SLD in the Visual Admin, no errors. The job SAP_LMDB_LDB_0000000001 is running this no errors.

When I try to resync the ABAP stack in LMDB, I receive:

Instance referenced in role PartComponent does not exist: SAP_AppSysInstanceMember.GroupComponent=ref"SAP_ApplicationSystemInstance.CreationClassName=\"SAP_ApplicationSystemInstance\",Name=\"SM1.HostName.verq

Error       Instance referenced in role GroupComponent does not exist: SAP_J2EEEngineSystemDB.GroupComponent=ref"SAP_J2EEEngineCluster.CreationClassName=\"SAP_J2EEEngineCluster\",Name=\"SM1.SystemHome.verqsm\"",PartCompon

Error       Instance referenced in role Dependent does not exist: SAP_J2EEEngineInstanceHost.Antecedent=ref"SAP_ComputerSystem.CreationClassName=\"SAP_ComputerSystem\",Name=\"verqsm\"",Dependent=ref"SAP_J2EEEngineIns

Error       Instance referenced in role Dependent does not exist: SAP_J2EEEngineClusterNodeHost.Antecedent=ref"SAP_ComputerSystem.CreationClassName=\"SAP_ComputerSystem\",Name=\"verqsm\"",Dependent=ref"SAP_J2EEEngine

Error       Instance referenced in role Dependent does not exist: SAP_BCSystemJ2EEEngine.Antecedent=ref"SAP_BCSystem.CreationClassName=\"SAP_BCSystem\",Name=\"SM1.SystemNumber.0020859968.SystemHome.verqsm\"",Dependen

Error       Instance referenced in role Dependent does not exist: SAP_BCCentralServiceInstanceHost.Antecedent=ref"SAP_ComputerSystem.CreationClassName=\"SAP_ComputerSystem\",Name=\"verqsm\"",Dependent=ref"SAP_BCCentr

Info.     0 CIM object and association instances deleted

Info.     Generated Extended SID SM1 for SAP_DatabaseSystem.CreationClassName="SAP_DatabaseSystem",Name="SM1.DBTypeForSAP.SYB.SystemHome.verqsm"

Info.     Generated Extended SID SM1 for SAP_BCSystem.CreationClassName="SAP_BCSystem",Name="SM1.SystemNumber.0020859968.SystemHome.verqsm"

Info.     Summary: 252 instances copied, 0 deleted, 7 errors

This all started happening when I updated the CIM and CR content to the latest versions.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Diana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

It looks like something got corrupted, either during the import of the CR content to your SLD, or during a sync from SLD to LMDB. Is this the SLD included with Solution Manager, or is it a standalone SLD? What release and sp stack is your Solution Manager?

There are a couple of LMDB infrastructure troubleshooting tools you can check. Have a look at Note 1755172 (Analyzing Issues with LMDB (self-help assistance)), 1540435 (SLD Export/Import FAQ - this one references the error message you are getting), and/or 1093168 (Repair of SLD CR Content - if you conclude this is where the problem is).

I think it's probably going to be an issue with LMDB and not SLD, so I would start with that.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I am running SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1. SAP_BASIS is 702 Level 9.

The notes didn't really point me in a direction to resolve my issue. How can I tell if something got corrupt during the sync from the SLD?

Thanks,

Diana

former_member186752
Participant
0 Kudos

1939864 - Check if SAP CR Content is corrupt in LMDB or SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I resolved my issue by running the program in note:

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/convert2pdf/0001766713?sap-language=EN

Thanks,

Diana

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent! Thanks for including the resolution, as I'm sure that will be helpful to others. Be sure to close out the discussion by marking it as 'answered.'

Answers (0)