Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Help Button \ Icon in Fiori Launchpad

former_member549737
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have read that it is possible to display contextual help for different Fiori applications in the Fiori Launchpad header.

Question: Where do you define the Help URL that enables the Help button\Icon in Fiori Launchpad Header area?

thank you.

Rob.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Are you looking for context help like the demo cloud? The function has not been released yet.

SAP Fiori, Demo Cloud Edition

You can add custom menu in the option menu. This is available.

Adding and Removing Custom Items to the Options Menu - SAP Fiori Launchpad - SAP Library

Regards,

Masa / SAP P&I Technology RIG

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Masa, do you know when sap.dfa.help will be available for public?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

I do not have any info. It seems a good function everyone is waiting for the release.

Regards,

former_member549737
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Can you please clarify that by "context help", you mean the question mark on top-right corner of the screen? (screenshot attached).

thanks,
rob.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rob, that is a button calling that sap.dfa.help Carousel control

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Yes. Does it cover your requirements or something else you need?

Regards,

former_member549737
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. That seems like a very useful functionality. If you have any updates on release date for that, please share.

thanks

rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

I have a quick question.

As mentioned in the Adding and Removing Custom Items to the Options Menu - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP...

the following lines of codes needs to be added to create custom Buttons in the Fiorilaunchpad menu.

<SCRIPT language ="JavaScript">

var button1 = new sap.m.Button();

var rendererExt = sap.ushell.renderers.fiori2.RendererExtensions;

rendererExt.addOptionsActionSheetButton(button1,rendererExt.LaunchpadState.Home,rendererExt.LaunchpadState.Catalog,rendererExt.LaunchpadState.App);

rendererExt.removeOptionsActionSheetButton(button1,rendererExt.LaunchpadState.Home,rendererExt.LaunchpadState.Catalog,rendererExt.LaunchpadState.App);

<SCRIPT>

Can you please tell, where these lines of code need to be added ?

should one directly modify FioriLaunchpad.html ?

Regards,

Anil

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

i have a question on sap.dfa.help library, i saw this in s4/Hana Trial where input fields like old select-options are working, and they use i guess library sap.dfa.help ....

does anyone know if this will work as generic as reusing the old abap searchhelps?

when will this be available for public use? only with s4/hana or will it be available with UI5-Library?

as we don't want to rebuild such things 😉

kind regards

oliver

walt_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

You can add these lines in component.js file of your app.

You may surround them with a try-catch statement, to handle situation when your app runs outside of Fiori Launchpad (and rendererExt cannot be instantiated).

Regards

Walter

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the reply, I had the same question.

Consider a scenario, where I want add help to all the apps in my Launchpad. In that case I have to extend every app? . Is there a easier way?

Thanks

Krishna

walt_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Unfortunately, I do not know an easier way.

All our apps implement a set of common actions, like subscription to Google Analytics update, and this provision of custom help. Reusable coding is set into a separate file in "util" folder, which we copy into all our apps.

Regards

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Masayuki.

Thank you answer, do you know if this function has become available or know of some documentation on how to implement it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

Has this feature been released yet? Or any approximate date of release for this help button with carousel.

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Did you get you know how and where to add these script?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are there any news on sap.dfa.help?

Like a release date or something?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Do you know if this function sap.dfa.help Carousel control already made available? If no, any idea when can we have it? Thanks.