cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage unit type exceeds remaining capacity by ****

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can any one help me in creating a test scenario where I can get the error A"storage unit type exceeds remaining capacity by ****.

I have a material whose capacity check is active And the check is based on storage unit type.

I need to get this error when I am moving stock from storage bin of one plant to storage bin of other if my storage unit type is PAP.How can I create a test data with this error.

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varsha,

Please check the capacity check method used and accordingly check the settings,

For Ex :  capcity check method 1: Check by maximum weight

here the weight of quant created whether it exceeds Maximum weight in the storage bin master

Also maximum weight in the material master is also required,

Regards,

Preeti.PG

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please post the message number.

0 Kudos

Hi  Jurgen,

Message number is L3349..

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

test data creation starts with stock creation in MM, e.g. using 561 movement to create initial stock in a storage location that is warehouse managed, then you do a putaway in WM.

Create a second time stock that causes that the capacity will be exceeded and try to do a putaway, you probably need to change the target manually.

Does it really make sense to create situations that force error messages? In a good setup the proposals from WM should be in a way that it never comes to such error messages.

I recommend to read the consulting note 392776 - Capacity check in the Warehouse Management which explains the various checks and do's and don'ts

Further you should make sure that OSS note 1431244 is implemented, it corrects an error which causes that this message is not triggered.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I need to know where exactly can I find the total capacity of storage unit type so that I can do a putaway until the capacity is exceeded.I am not able to check the capacity of SUT and move the stocks accordingly.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where else than in the definition of storage unit types?

see IMG > LE > WM > master data > material > define storage unit types