cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NLS Implementation on BW7.31 SP09 with SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am first time  implementing  NLS on BW7.31 with HANA .I have  gone through the standard guides where they said to have SAPIQ 16.0 SP08 is good for my landscape .

I have  downloaded following softwares

1- Sybase IQ Server

2- SCC

3- ODBC Driver

4-Lib_dbsl

Instead of sybase   I have created user sybnlq .Is it good to have syb<SID> istead of sybase .

I have following questions :

Q1 :  Do  we have to first install the base pack of SAP IQ 16 and then upgrade to SP08 or directly we can install  to  SAP IQ 16 SP08?

Q2: After installation of sybase there is step to create the NLS database ,What does that mean ?

Q3: Do we need to activate the hana dyanmic tiering as well ?

Q4 : Can we use one sysbase IQ database for two system NLS like development and  quality use one database ?

Q5: When we request the file system we see  there is file system to be requested with <SID> .If we are accessing the same database for two systems do we have to use seprate SID or we just create the schema in the existing database ?

Q5: Do we need to configure Smart Data Access - SAP HANA and IQ?

I am in planning phase now and soon will start the implementation .

Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you read the First Guidance document?  That covers a lot of the questions.

Q1 :  Do  we have to first install the base pack of SAP IQ 16 and then upgrade to SP08 or directly we can install  to  SAP IQ 16 SP08?

MUMY--> I would recommend going to IQ 16 SP08 PL24 or later.  There are a to of stability patches that you will certainly want.  IQ 16 SP08 PL20 is a full install.  Install that first, then get the latest PL and apply that via the patch_iq utility.

Q2: After installation of sybase there is step to create the NLS database ,What does that mean ?

MUMY--> See the First Guidance document for details on why and how.  You need to create the empty container for BW to stuff data.

Q3: Do we need to activate the hana dyanmic tiering as well ?

MUMY--> DT requires that BW be on HANA.  Not an issue for you here, but I wanted to put it out there.  HANA DT is used for different types of BW objects than would exist in NLS.  NLS is meant for data archiving while DT is used for situations where the data is important to BW but doesn't need to be in memory.

Q4 : Can we use one sysbase IQ database for two system NLS like development and  quality use one database ?

MUMY--> Yes.  This would be done by simply giving each NLS a different database user.

Q5: When we request the file system we see  there is file system to be requested with <SID> .If we are accessing the same database for two systems do we have to use seprate SID or we just create the schema in the existing database ?

MUMY--> Where are you requesting the filesystem?  On the HANA system or IQ?

Q6: Do we need to configure Smart Data Access - SAP HANA and IQ?

MUMY--> Yes, for 7.4 and later.  I don't think we had this need in BW 7.3.  See the First Guidance document for details on this.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark for your response .Appreciate it .

1- I have downloaded following  CD  .Does it has IQ 16 SP08 PL20? Because in info SAP did not update any information .

ZIP51045919Sybase IQ 16.0 Server Linux x86-64 64-bit Info 79318718.08.2014

5- We are creating the file system on IQ server .Do we need to create any file system on  HANA as well ?

I have one more question

Q- Do I need to do any other configuration as well other than what I mentioned earlier ?

Regards,

Arun Kumar

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Arun,

To be honest, I don't know the answer!  I think that version is IQ 16 SP08 GA, but have not verified.  If you search the "patches" area you will see the installation for SP08 PL20, PL24, and PL27.  For your information SP08 PL27 was just released and is the version that should be used.  The PL27 installation is a full install.

From the README for PL27:

* Installation

You can install this software only as a standalone install. The 16.0

GA software is not required as a prerequisite for the standalone install.

The First Guidance doc here will help with answering some of the other questions.  It walks you through all aspects of setting up NLS on both the IQ and NLS hosts.  There is no requirement for NLS to have a filesystem on the HANA machine.  That is different for Dynamic Tiering (Extended Storage) where there is a requirement for a shared filesystem.  IQ NLS is a standalone install and has no such requirement.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank so much for your help  and we did install the server successfully .

Now I am getting error while creating the NLS connection in DBCO .Actually what happened with me that first I could create the connection and it worked successfully  but when checked this after two days I am start getting following  error  while testing the connection with report "ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION:

Testing a Database Connection Defined in DBCON

Could not open connection BID_NLS                        .

sql error          0  occured:

When I checked developer traces in BW system I see following type of error .

Fri Mar 27 07:24:44 2015

C  GetServerInfo version: SAP IQ/16.0.0.808/150224/P/sp08.27/Enterprise Linux64 - x86_64 - 2.6.18-194.el5/64bit/2015-02-24 13:37:12

C  ERROR: database product SAP IQ/16.0.0.808/150224/P/sp08.27/Enterprise Linux64 - x86_64 - 2.6.18-194.el5/64bit/2015-02-24 13:37:12 not supported.

C  ERROR: Sybase IQ release  is unsupported. Minumum required release is 15.4.

B  ***LOG BY2=> sql error 0 performing CON [dbds         879]

B  ***LOG BY0=> <message text not available> [dbds         879]

B  ***LOG BY1=> sql error 0 [dbacds       1823]

Since  I already have  SAP IQ SP16 SP08 Pl27 don't know why i am getting above error .

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Arun Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You need to upgrade the lib_dbsl for BW. Download the latest patch level for your NW kernel level and OS. It is the ASE dbsl that is needed (dbsybslib.so).

Regards,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eric,

Thanks for your response . I have downloaded the latest lib_dbsl(lib_dbsl_419-10011359.sar)  from service market place and changed but no luck.

NW : 7.31 SP09

Kernel : 721_EXT_Rel Patch 300.

I just want to share the update that .. when i created it initially it was working fine ...I used the lib_dbsl patch 411 . But suddenly it got broke .

Thanks and Regards,

Arun Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I have seen the same issue. Maybe after a system refresh or restart?

I see four occurrences of the library file:

:bw4adm 52> find . -name "dbsybslib.so" -print

./BW4/exe/uc/linuxx86_64/dbsybslib.so

./BW4/exe/uc/kernel_12/dbsybslib.so

./BW4/kernel_37/dbsybslib.so

./DVEBMGS00/exe/dbsybslib.so

I only have a central instance on this system. Note 1737415 only mentions to copy to the exe directory, but maybe it is necessary to keep all occurrences of the file in sync (or at least it makes sense to do so)? It seems the one in the exe can be overwritten, but I'm not sure under what conditions or where the older version comes from. I'm trying to find a definite answer to this.

If you update the library file again it should resolve the issue.

Best regards

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric .

I have copied the file at all locations but still it fails now and then .

Even SAP also suggested to use cksum <filename>  to see if anyways file got corrupted due to some os issue .But last time when I had this issue file was intact  but connection failed .

I will update  the group if I get the solution for this .

Thanks all for your help .Much appreicated .

Regards,

Arun Kumar

Answers (0)