cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print function issue in SAPCRMSM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating new Syclo mobile app for windows platform (1366*768). Print functionality is added and I am trying to generate the PDF using the Jasper Reports with the help of Command line and its working fine in my local SMP server. But whenever I export the project and try in another machine, I am getting error msgs in command line which flashes off suddenly after I click the print button. and its working fine in my system. I couldn't find any dependency files which affect this print functionality. What will be the exact problem? Can anyone help me on this?

This is the error msgs Iam getting when I try from other machine:

-Basil Jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Basil,

Whatever program you are using to generate the PDF: echo8000000829 is not installed or not available from the Windows command line path.  Open a CMD prompt on the new machine and type PATH.  The program's path must exist here.  If not, you need to add it.  Google how to change the PATH if you are not familiar.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

I am also getting the same error mentioned in the first screenshot whenever I try from my local machine and generates the PDF. But its not generating when ever I try from other machine. I have mentioned the path name in the agentry.ini file. That should be enough, right?

I have set the PATH already, but still its not working. What about the error in the second screenshot? Will there be any issue with the JDK version?

-Basil Jose

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Basil,

You need to understand that when the Agentry client calls a command step, the OS opens a new command window that will not inherit anything about java / classpath from Agentry.  Your code needs to setup it's environment as needed (pathing, classpath, environment variables,etc) that are needed to execute whatever you are calling.

As Jason suggested, open a CMD prompt outside of the Agentry client and try to execute your command.  If that is not successful, then it also won't work from the Agentry client.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

But whenever it runs my machine, its working fine. How it is possible? I haven't changed or edited the PATH variable in my machine. But when I try from other machine, its not working.

The above screenshot shows the error whenever I try to load the jrxml file in other machine.

I have set the PATH system variable too.

-Basil Jose

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Basil,

Looks like you don't have java installed on that machine, or it is not in the PATH.  Compare the path on the machine where it is working to the machine where it is not working.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It also appears you are relying on windows extension mapping to launch the appropriate application to handle the .jrxml file.  You need to make sure the mapping exists correctly on the other machine.  Depending on your environment it may be better to launch the application and pass in the pritnreport.jrxml file as a command line argument.

--Bill