cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM-SUS Supplier Invoicing with ECC SES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys!

I don't know the ansewer but I think that it is a easy question to understand.

My scenario is the following:

1. Automatic in ECC: PR -> PO -> SES

2. VENDOR: Post the invoice from SUS

It is posible for the vendor post the invoice from SUS without the SES created in SUS?

There is a work arround?

Thanks in advance,

Gax

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

zoltan_keller
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gax,

no it is not possible. Once the PO is created in ECC, it must be transferred to SUS, then all follow-on documents will be created in SUS and sent to ECC. Including Confirmation/SES and Invoice.

regards

Zoltan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some idea if is posible IN SUS to make automatic the SES by the total values of the PO ?

Thanks for your quick response!

GAX

zoltan_keller
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you meant with the question. Could you please describe in more detail.

regards

Zoltan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please take a look into my answer to Kasee to understand the situation better.

Best!

Gax

zoltan_keller
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I don't see why the standard MM-SUS process won't suit this. Services were already delivered, thus I assume the PO will contain exactly what has been already delivered. This PO just needs to be sent to SUS as usual and then the supplier creates a confirmation that matches the services in the PO. This will create the SES in MM, which the purchaser needs to approve or reject. If approved, supplier can create the invoice in SUS, if rejected supplier cannot create the invoice. Its simple and easy.

regards

Zoltan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Guys for confirm my thougts!

Gax

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a supplier issues a service confirmation in a paper format to create a PO (he has already done the work! he needs payment as simple as that) -but in SAP due to our own technical limitation (PO->SUS SO->CONF->SES->SUS INV??) we asked the supplier to recreate another confirmation again (Imagine, PO approval process timeline - I'm sure approvals are done with blood & no one approves without a question, SES approval if there is any and may be other factors to consider depending on your type of business - he will only get paid after a while!! who like this type of business.. particularly if it is a government company - this will issue be on news papers!! & it is not the consulting company or SAP who will answer the papers but only the customer himself directly! Just to add - you cannot rule out cases where the SES is rejected due to the fact that, the service was broken/fall into warranty work again by the time PO is approved). I am sure, SAP knows who was the customer as we went to SAP for a solution to allow Invoice items to be directly against PO in ECC.

Finally, we internally developed it as a enhancement to SUS Invoice and it worked perfectly. We have been in production for at least 6 months now. For selected conditions, suppliers will be able to create a Invoice, even if a SES is directly created in the ECC. (SAP allows direct SES creation in ECC for SUS PO, and such SES will not replicate to SUS). SUS is a very limited solution & we ended up customizing the invoice as mentioned in SUS to show up our desired line items/services/limits from ECC (Even if there is no confirmation created by suppliers).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kasee,

Can u provide some details about the enhancement you have done to achieve this functionality..

bcz we have similar case coming...

thank you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent Kasee! That was what I was triyng to find

Can you give some technical details about your solution?

Best!

Gax

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> Though I don't know the exact technical points as I am not with that customer anymore. With the below information and a bit of debugging, you can get it done.

>> We enhanced the option Create Invoice->For a Purchase Order & Changed the Controller class to have a RFC call to ECC to find out the line items and add it up to the internal table.

>> ECC Function module which we developed has the logic to decide when and under what conditions the line items to be populated.

>> When a PO is replicated into SUS - we enabled a flag to allow Invoice Creation against PO using the XML inbound BADI. You can find this field in BBP_PD in the HEADER details & search for "Invoice".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technically NO as Zoltan mentioned.

May I know why do you don't want to allow suppliers to create Service Confirmation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kasee!

The reason is that the company will créate the PO after the vendor has provided the services for process reasons. Anyway, they want to allow the vendor to post the invoice by himself.

Did u get it?

Best Regards,

Gax

PS: I know that it is not the coolest porcess even not the best practice.