cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data in Business Process Analytics - 7.1 SP11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

we would like to evaluate Business Process Analytics for collecting FI data from an ERP System.

Unfortunately, we didn't have success to load data to Cube 0SM_BPMRH so far.

We are using a Solution Manager on 7.1 with SP11 with the following addons:

ST-PI2008_1_7000011SAPKITLRDKSAP Solution Tools Plug-In
ST-A/PI01R_7000001SAPKITAB7NServicetools for other App./Netweaver 04

Our ERP System which we want to collect data from is a SAP ECC 6.0 with the following addons:

ST-PI2008_1_7000011SAPKITLRDKSAP Solution Tools Plug-In
ST-A/PI01R_7000001SAPKITAB7NServicetools for other App./Netweaver 04

We have made the setup using SAP Setup guide for BPA for SolMan 7.1 SP05.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000741049&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

We could successfully load the BW master data for our logical component and we also set up a monitoring object "Sales Document Items" with some Key figures ans scheduled them.

The box for "Data collection in background" is not checked.

What we already did to troubleshoot the problem:

1.) Configure Analytics Connector to managed system:

- The status of the managed system in line BPM_ACube is green and active.

- RFC Connection is set to "NONE". Is that correct?

- System ID and Client are visible in Managed System Box

2.) Assigning the role SAP_SM_BPOANA_ALL to the users in SolMan and SAP_MANAGED_BPOANA_ALL to the users in the ERP system.

Do you have an idea what we could do to fix it?

Thanks and best regards,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sebastian

Let me double check.

You mentioned you have configured analytics monitor from FI and SD.

Do you have problem on both monitors or just one of them FI ?

One of the typical issue is missing authorization to your solman user in managed system.

As of SolMan SP10, TMW user is used instead of Read RFC user. So please make sure your TMW and Read RFC user have SAP_MANAGED_BPOANA_ALL role.  Also standard RFC role. Especially authorization object S_TABU_DIS (Group SS) is important.

Also please make sure whether you have any short dump in managed system related to program /SSA/EKP or /SSA/EKF. If you have short dump like timeout, I recommend you to use background data collection.

If above  2 points are ok, then I recommend whether you have any data in analytics cube via T-CD listcube.

if you see some data in 0SM_BPMRH, then the issue is data retrial step from Analytics Cube into Analytics.

In this case, typical errors are following.

- You have issue on MDX RFC connection (please check RFC connection MDX that exist under TCP/IP)

- Authorization issue. Please make sure you have authorization as described in setup guide(SAP_SM_BPOANA_ALL. But I think you already have this role)

Also double check you have required pre-requisites notes as described in note 1759233.

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Keiji,

thanks a lot for your fast response.

Sorry for confusing you with FI and SD.

We tested both monitoring objects and both didn't work.

For now we deactivated all objects and only reactivated Sales Line Items.

We are using different users in the TMW and Read RFC. Is this a problem?

I've checked the permissions for both in the managed system.

In my opinion they are ok but to be sured I've attached some Screenshots. Could you please double check?

The File "Roles TMW_USER" shows the roles that are assigned to the user which is used in the TMW RFC in the managed system.

The File "Roles READ_USER" shows the roles that are assigned to the user which is used in the READ RFC in the managed system.

Both roles SOLMAN_READ and SOLMAN_TMW have permission for Group SS in S_TABU_DIS.

Which standard RFC-role are you referring to?

List of short dumps in the managed systems as well as the SolMan are empty. Both are in a test environment, so they are not use that often.

In the cube 0SM_BPMRH we do have some requests and some data but both date back to 2011 - 2013.

For this year there is only a yellow APO request, which says transfer and added records 0.

In my understanding this should go to green after the data was transferred to the cube.

So I assume the issue is in to extract the data from the managed system respectively in transferring the data to the Cube.

The cube load behaviour is set to "Real-Time Data Target Can Be Planned; Data Loading Not Allowed". Is this correct?

Best regards,

Sebastian

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian

Thank you for the update.

Regarding on the user, it looks ok. Before SolMan SPs10. Read RFC user is used for data collection. But as of SP10, TMW is used for data collection. (Precisely RFC setting defined in the managed system configuration. Normally TMW collection has TMW user "SMTMSID and Read RFC has Read RFC user "SM_SID").

I guess still in some part, Read RFC use seems used. So it is better to assing Managed ANA Role to both user. Usually template role like ZSAP_SOLMAN_READ has the authorization object that I mentioned. So if the user has this role on top of MANAGED_ANA role, it should be ok.

Judging from the informaiton, data collector user looks ok.

To judge the problem point, data in Analytics Cube is important. So let me ask again since I do not understand clearly. If you search record via T-CD listcube (specify 0SM_BPMRH) do you see any data. To see the record, you need to select field for output in the selection screen. Otherwise the result will be empty.  If you have any entry in the cube, I think the issue exist for the data display part.

But if you do not see any data in cube, the issue exist for data collection phase.

So to judge which area you have issue, it is important to check whether you have cube entry or not.

If you do not have any data in cube, I suspect 2 point. Data collection in managed system has problem or data extraction via extraction framework has issue.

For extraction, you can check the status via T-CD E2E_EXTRACTOR_FWK. Search extractor BPMon Transactional Data Extractor.   This should return green status at least.

If you do  not see any issue on extractor side, better to check data collection.

On data collection, there are several points.

1st Please check your data collection definition of your monitor. Maybe you can check next data collection time at the table DSWP_BPM_TIMESCH. It display next data collection time.

2nd Please make sure your monitor is configured under logical component. And you choose some group by condition.

3rd Please make sure your have important SAP Notes for your ST-A/PI in managed system.

In your case, you seems to use ST-A/PI 01R SP1. So make sure you have note

2111349 - 01R SP1: Advance Corrections (Infrastructure)

2124552 - ST-A/PI 01R SP1: Advance Corr. BP Analytics - TBIs for ERP

If none of above does not help, I think it is bit difficult to analyze further without system connection.

In this case, please raise SAP incident to the component SV-SMG-MON-BPM-ANA.

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

thanks a lot for your very detailed answer.

I double checked the cube 0SM_BPMRH. Actually, we do have data in the cube now and I can display it with BPA.

I'm just confused because the request in the cube says 0 Data records were transferred or added.

Is this the normal behaviour?

I've attached a screenshot for you.

I expected after collection the APO-request shows the number of records transferred.

The points you mentioned below are all okay in our configuration.

Best regards,

Sebastian

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian

To be honest, I am not sure.

I just checked internal system and saw some records that you mentioned as 0.

I heard there are some mechanism  for request handling in SolMan. But since I do not know detail and solman insert data (different from normal BW), I cannot judge whether it is ok or not.

If the data is visiable in Analytics, I assume following possibilities. So I hope one of the points explain your situation.

1)You define data collection time inproperly. So data collection occur slightly differnt that you exepct

(You can check next data collection time in DSWP_BPM_TIMESCH table. So better to check if you have some doubt).

2)Data collection itself works but data extraction from managed system to SolMan has issue due to resource shortage.  Or data collection itself not happing due to resource shortage.

if you set data collection as online mode, data collection to manage system uses dialog process. So you need to make sure there is a enough dialog workprocess.

In the past I saw some case data collection not start due to resource shortage.

This can occur if many solman functions are used or small SolMan is used. Maybe you can check SM50 for a while and check how busy your solman.  (Or check T-CD ST03N and check waittime of your dialog process).

Analytics data collection is 2 step activities. As a first step, data is collected in managed system and stored in ST-A/PI table with aggregation. As a 2nd step, aggregated data is extracted to SolMan via extractor framework. If extractor has problem (resource shortage, or extractor resource management job is not running <you can check in SM37 with name EFWK RESOURCE MANAGER>), even data collection is finished in managed system, data is not avaialble in Cube).

So please make sure extracotr is working properly (you can check the log via T-CD E2E_EXTRACTOR_FWK)

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

I've checked both points you mentioned:

1.) Table DSWP_BPM_TIMESCH shows exactly the time I scheduled for the monitoring objects.

2.) Both systems are only Test environments. So they are not used that much. Both have 9 Dialog Processes and I checked yesterday during the day there were always at least 6 of them available. Average Wait Time for the dialog Processes in solman is 0,2 ms. The job you mentioned is running fine every minute. Extractor seems okay to me too.

Yesterday, it again transferred the data in the cube as it should be. But again the request shows 0 data records in the Manage Window. On top of that the Request from yesterday is still yellow. That's just strange.

[UPDATE] The request jumped to green. One day later at 09:27 AM. Still strange...

Best regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Please note the following and check at your end.... (Even I struggled with this for a long time before finding the solution)

For BP Monitoring & Alerting -

You define the Monitoring objects under the Business scenario -- Business process

For BP Analytics -

You define the Monitoring objects under the Logical System.

Once you have defined, generated and activated. The data is collected for Analytics and can be displayed in the BPA area, usually after a couple of hours....

You may have done this already but I thought you might want to check it.

Regards

Deepak

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian

The request will remain to yellow status to certain time.

In the past, I heard until certain size it stays yellow status. So it is ok.

After the next data collection, do you have 2nd day or further data.

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

@Deepak: Thanks for your input but my monitoring objects are correctly defined under the logical system as I can also analyze the data with the BPA tool.

@Keiji: Yeah in my opinion APO-Requests work like that, that they are yellow until they reach a certain number or requests or they become closed by a program or manually.

But in our case it is weird.

I monitored the processes of the data collection yesterday in the SolutionManager and in the ERP system. After 10 minutes the data collection was finished and in the cube I could find further data for the 2nd day. However, the request in the cube says 0 records again.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Answers (0)