Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading excel in 2010 instead of 2003 through webdynpro java application

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have developed a webdynpro java application where we are downloading an excel file through linktourl UI element. we are not using any external jars to create that excel and we used simple java.io API. When we run the application and trying to download the excel, by default it is asking us to save in 2003 instead of 2010. I came to know that it depends on the version of MS office available / installed in SAP portal server. Can somebody provide SAP official links to support this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no

it is all done by your coding, not the office client installation

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Kindly let me know how can I download excel 2010 instead of 2003 from the WDJ application.

Thnaks & Regards,

Pradeep

junwu
Active Contributor
pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Thanks for your reply. We know by using Apache POI external jars we can achieve the functionality. But we don't want to do major changes to the existing application to just download the excel in 2010 format instead of 2003.

Is there any other way to do without using the external jars. I mean simple coding / configuration or any work around.

Regards,

Pradeep

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the point of that?

maybe just change the suffix to xlsx?

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

While downloading it is not allowing me to save the excel in 2010. Once i downloaded the excel in 2003 then i can save as in 2010 but the business wants to directly save the excel in 2010 from the WDJ application itself.

Regards,

Pradeep

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

didn't get u......

you cannot generate file with suffix xlsx?

Answers (0)