cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Adapter: XIALL and attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario with Sender Mail adapter, where I need data from both the Mail and the attachment.

I tried using XIALL, but get a SAXParserException.

Is there any other way that I can use both Main Payload as well as Attachment fields?

Regards,

Puloma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have decided to use proxies instead of RFC Adapter,so that we can use attachments.

We referred to this:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

Regards,

Puloma.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean you want both the main payload and the attachement for the mapping?

If yes, no this is not possible. You can use only either of the two as the source message for the mapping.

You can use the payloadswap bean to swap the payload and attachment but this will done before the mapping step and so only one of the two will be the mapping source.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I need to pass Main Mail Payload data (To, From etc.) as well as attachment to a standard BAPI.

BAPI accepts all the details in tables/parameters.

Can this be achieved?

Regards,

Puloma.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like i mentioned only one of the two ( eithetr the attachment or the payload ) can be used as the source of your mapping.

You might have to consider another option for this.

Either use a BPM in your mapping and have duplicatre mails in your mail box. So, you can have both these attachment and the main paylaod in the different Receive step in your BPM and then have a N:1 mapping inside the BPM.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it not possible to implement this with XIALL? i.e. with a multi-part message?

However, I am getting SAXParserException with XIALL.

Regards,

Puloma.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you choose XIALL, then the sender of the mail must be an XI mail adapter as well. XIALL is just a way to connect two XI systems via mail.

For all other scenarios choose XIPayload. Check 'Keep attachments' when you work with attachments.

Regards

Stefan