Did you mean: 

Initialize Communication Parties on PROXY sender

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have been "combing" the site and SAP documentation for a while and didn't

find any clear answer...

I would like to initialize a Proxy message going out of ECC ABAP ,with the Party value set in its SOAP Header.

Is this possible?

where should this setup be made?

My scenario is Synchronous.

Would like to hear what you think...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nimrod,

I never tried to configure a sender ABAP proxy with a Party, personally i'd rather to set the party in the receiver side for sender proxy configuration.

However, it seems to be possible, at least to send the request to de-central AE, check this note 2116345 - XI RUNTIME: IS_URL with several central Integration Servers

You can try with the parameters showed in the note.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Iñaki ,

A very helpful note.

What was confusing me in the SXMSIF setup was what SAP wrote in one of their documents:

Permitted values for Agency, Schema, Party are „*‟ or SPACE.

The component/service is ignored.

I hope it will work using the IS_URL to an ICO scenario with Sender Party.

engswee
Active Contributor

Hi Nimrod

Can you elaborate what you are trying to achieve by changing the sender party of the outbound proxy message?

Is it just to add further granularity to select a specific ICO for the same sender interface?

If yes, did you also consider the use of Virtual Receivers in the ICO? From the sender proxy side, you can set the receiver party by using ABAP proxy protocols in the ABAP logic. In particular, the ROUTING protocol allows you to set receiver party and service in the outbound message. The following blog has further details.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Routing a sync. Proxy to SOAP  message by Party .

I have 3 parties using the same message.

Would like to avoid adding partner specific data into the business payload.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

3 different receiver parties?

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

correct.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you can consider using the virtual receiver concept that I mentioned above.

1) Create 3 different ICOS which have virtual receiver

2) In ABAP program, set the receiver party for outbound proxy using ROUTING protocol.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee / all, sorry for ressurecting this long dead thread.

By the off chance of getting an answer 🙂 I am currently trying to utilize this procedure to specify 2 parties. However, I'm trying to use identifiers (DUNS number) to do so. I do not have any luck, though. Is this supported on AEX / PO? I asked this question here in full: https://answers.sap.com/questions/13038523/sender-abap-proxy-routing-protocol-not-working.html

Cheers (hope you and all are doing well)

Answers (0)