cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Slice for ECC6.0 EHP6 used mainly for IS-UT and FI-CA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to create a test system using TDMS Shell creation -- Followed by Time slice data transfer -from our existing copy of production system ECC6.0 with EhP6. Although the current production system is only used for FI-CA andIS-UT(Telecom related processes). There is not much or even say 0 data for SD and MM related tablesin thesystem.So my questions are: -

1) Should I use Standard Time ReductionPackagefor SAP  ERP for Data transfer after shell creation or Is there any other option available by which I can transfer required data.

Since the system is only used for FI-CA andIS-UT functionality mainly. The tables which usually takesa lot of time during data selectionare emptylike EQUI,JEST,VBUK ,STXH  etc

2) The system has large. Z-tables and we do not want to tranfer them in full , I have read in previous posts of option specify reduction rule but When I tried for previous TDMS systems it does not worked , So any specific steps for the same so as to cross check where I went wrong.

Regards,

Umesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Umesh,

Yes you can use the option Object based reduction for SAP Utilities for your requirement.

Regarding the reduction of the large z tables you have to do the following:

- Execute two optional activities in the package settings phase of package  "Object based reduction for   SAP Utilities" i.e.

1) "Size Analysis for Tables Relevant for Data Transfer (Optional)"

This activity needs to be executed so that the Size analysis can be

performed for the tables in the Sender System.

2) "Specify reduction rules for the tables"

As the name specified , you can specify the reduction criteria for the tables which are transferred in      full or can change the reduction criteria as well.

Above activity is prerequisite for this one and has to be completed before executing this one.

Please note that it is not necessary that reduction criteria should be there for all the z tables. Z tables should have some date related field like date, day, month , year etc on which reduction can be done.

Optional activities are visible in the extended view of the package.

I hope this helps.

BR

Isha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Isha ,

If the Z tables does not have date like field will it transfer those table in Full or will it terminate with error. Also is it possible to specify only top 50 large Z tables for which we want reduction or will the reduction rule apply to all the tables that are marked for full transfer.

Regards,

Umesh

0 Kudos

Hello Umesh,

By Default, all the z tables will be transferred in full. If you want to reduce the z tables you have to manually select the reduction criteria for each of  them via activity "Specify reduction rules for tables".

When you execute the activity "specify reduction rules for tables", it will show you all the tables and their transfer status. Suppose you want to reduce table ZABC , then you have to select that table. when the table is highlighted, if it is having date related fields, they will be displayed in below UI and from there you can choose field based on which you want to reduce the table else message will be displayed saying no selection groups are available for the table.

I hope this will clear your doubt.

BR

Isha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team ,

I have found the option Object Based Reduction for SAP Utilities for my scenerio.

If anyone have used it before please do let me know .

Regards,

Umesh