cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advances when using WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Travel Community,

We have an in-house cashier who dispenses foreign currencies to employees and receives any excess foreign currency back from the traveler when they return. The issuance of cash works okay; our challenge is entering any cash returned.

In most cases our travelers have been using ESS WDA to add receipts to their expense report while they have been away, which is a behaviour we want to encourage! However when we want to add the cash returned via PR03 or PR05 it is not possible as the report is in draft status. At the moment we have a clumsy workaround where we ask the traveler to "Save and Submit" the report (i.e. save with check), at which point we add the receipt of cash and change the settlement status back to Open so that it is not yet picked up for approval. However I can't believe this is the best way to do things.

As extra info,

- we like the employees to return the cash on their first day back but they normally need to wait a few days after their return to finalize the report as it can take 2-3 days for all relevant card receipts to be received from our card provider.

- we will introduce the Travel Assistant role this week but we don't want anyone outside of the cashier's office to be able to enter advance data (indeed currently that screen is display only in our schemas for travelers and assistants). I'm not sure it is possible to control who can enter particular expense types with the standard auth objects...

I did see that there was an old WD Java role for Cash Advance payer but would that have the same problem as we have currently with PR03 and PR05?

As I said, ideas are warmly welcomed!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure to understand where is really the blocking point.

Can't you create a specific role for your cashier with authorisation to open in change mode all expenses in status Trip Completed / Open and then save it with the same status (which correspond to save as draft) ?

Regards,

Christophe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Yes, good suggestion, I think we could ask the cashiers to use the Travel Assistant function.

My problem with using the travel assistant role was that on the WDA screens the advances data was display only and I couldn't see where that had been set/could be disabled. But now I have found FITVFELD_WEB... I guess it is better to open the advances fields to the cashiers by having field controls depending on a special TRVFD group, rather than authorisations?

Thanks!

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kitson,

in case you have a clean organizational way to distinguish who is a cashier and who is not plus you have a dedicated schema for the cashiers, then you can indeed just go by feature TRVFD, assuming the provided parameters of the feature suffice for you, and FITVFELD_WEB. If that's possible in a clean way for you, I'm a bit envious by the way

We have so many different use cases with sub use cases that I had to code it all, which wasn't too messy either. I.e. you can use the Enhancement Framework for WDYN FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA, and make a post exit for WDDOMODIFYVIEW changing the UI-Tree according to the Persons that's using the application. This creates minor maintenance effort (SPAU_ENH) after upgrades, though, so use the configuration approach if possible.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set it up with FITVFELD_WEB and the test cashier user can access the advances subscreen and add new entries. Other users can only display existing advances. However the function only works like that for their own expense reports. If I am the cashier accessing another employee's expense report via the Travel Assistant role I am not able to add an advance... it behaves in the same way as if the employee themselves was completing the report.

Answers (0)