Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Change in Status Profile QM_P_001

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have used status profile QM_P_001 in Quality info record.  It woks fine as i expected. But i have some query related to this profile provided by SAP.

1. Only Object type Q-info is included here and none of status don't have any Business Transaction, then how the status of Quality info record updated on the UD of the inspection lot.

2. What should i have to to in the system to get the status of 0005 and 0006 as per the  attached screen shot.

regards

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From what is in the screen shot, you can't get to status items 5, 6, or 7 since none of the statuses allow you to go to them.

Somone has modifed this profile in your system.  Below is a screen shot of our profile QM_P_001.

We have not modified it.  It is still in German.  You can see numerous differences.

For your other question.. the status profile used in the Q-info record is used to determine the inspection type to be used.

The status profile seen in the inspection lot that can be influenced by inspection lot changes, (such as stock postings, results recording, UD's, etc..) is assigned in the configuration of the inspection type.

They are two different animals all together.  They just use the same technique of status profiles.  Don't confuse one with the other.

Craig

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes i got it that i am not able to achieve status 5 as someone modified the number of lower status.

But it couldn't get the answer of my queries

1. As I am able to get the status one by one from (0001 to 0004) as i do the UD of inspection lots.but when status of 0004 reaches then it doesn't changes to 0005 when UD of next inspection lot is done.

2. I don't know too much about status profile but if a particular business transaction is executed then only a particular Status is set. But i double click on each status i am not able to find the Business Transaction which sets the corresponding status.

regards

Manish

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP WARRIOR wrote:

1. As I am able to get the status one by one from (0001 to 0004) as i do the UD of inspection lots.but when status of 0004 reaches then it doesn't changes to 0005 when UD of next inspection lot is done.

Why would it?  The maximum stage that status item 4 can go to is status item 4.  By definition it's not allowed to go to status item 5.  That's what I meant when I said it can't get to stages 5,6,7.

SAP WARRIOR wrote:

2. I don't know too much about status profile but if a particular business transaction is executed then only a particular Status is set. But i double click on each status i am not able to find the Business Transaction which sets the corresponding status.

Siince a lot of the configuration you showed in  your screen shot is messed up, what/who's to say that they set any business transactions up?

Craig

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

I changed the config as per your screenshot and tested the scenario.

As per your attached screenshot of QM_P_001.

1. In which situations/ circumstances  statuses 0005, 0006 and 0007 will get activated? Why SAP has created statuses 0005 to 0007 when Status 0004 cannot go beyond status 0004 as it is highest number. What is the use of status of 0005 to 0007.

2. As I check each statuses but i am not able to find any business transactions which sets the corresponding status. Have a look on the below screenshots.

How the status is being changed from 0001  to 0004 at each UD? Is it hard coded by SAP or not for supply relationship profile?

regards

Manish

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe in the profile provided by SAP, the intent is that status item 1 -
0001 is assigned to all new supplier relationships. "Lieferbeziehung
eröffnet" means "Opened relationship"

Then.. based on the relationship/material etc.. you would manually select
the item 2 or item 5. If you select item 2, you can only progress through the
series 2,3,4.

If you select item 5, you can only progress through the series 5,6,7.

To change to a different progression, you'd first have to reset the record
to item 1, Save it. then come back in and pick 2 or 5.

It's not meant to progress through them 1 - 7.

Craig

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks I got answer of my first query. i have to set it manually in Q-info record.

Please throw some light of my second query. how status is moving automatically from 2,3 4 on doing the  UD as no Business Transaction is defined against them which set the those  statuses . Is is hard coded or any other logic behind it. and What is the use of 0000 Status( Sample) in Profile QM_P_001.

Regards

Mansih

0 Kudos

Hi,

Answer to your second questions is that for Status Profile QM_P_001, Object type - Quality Information Record(QIN) is assigned and there are lots of business functions in it. I don't know why all these  business functions doesn't appears in statuses but they work somehow. You will get more clarity from attached images

I might be wrong in my explanation. Experts can correct it.

Regards

Amit

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no business transactions assigned.  Behavior is determined by the object type QIN. If you go into the profile QM_P_001 then select from the Menu:  Extras-->Object Type Inf and enter QIN in the object type you'll get the following info.

So the object type does not allow the control of business transactions.

Also, read the confguration text docment.

You'll see the status profile is primarily used to change the applicable inspection types.  Each inspection type can have it's own settings including unique task usage.

Each time an acceptable UD is made, the status is advanced by one.

You assign each status in the profile to a specific inspection type.

So you can progress the relationship through progressively less strigent testing requirements.   I.e.
inspectoin type 1001 has a task usage 101, the plan has 30 tests on it.

inspection type 1002 has a task usage of 102, the plan has 20 tests on it.

inspection type 1003 has a task usage of 103 and the plan has 5 tests on it.

If you want to do say three rounds of testing at a particular stage you need to put in three separate statuses, one for each round of testing.  In the SAP example they only have it set up for one level of testing.  Using the above example, to have three rounds of testing at each level you would create a status profile with 9 levels.,

The first three statuses would be assigned inspection type 1001.

The second three statuses would be assigned inspection type 1002.

The last three statuses would be assigned inspection type 1003.

You would then have one more status which would be the normal production testing and would either not specify an inspecttion type, (defautls to 01 variant or the one marked as preferred), or could have a special inspection type assigned.

For the specific question above on understanding how to use QM_P_001 please read the configuration documentation carefully.  The example that is presented and described in pretty good detail in the config documentation explains the QM_P_001 in pretty good detail.

The main detraction from this process is that you can only have one active inspection lot at any given time.  The system blocks any future GR's until the UD is made on the previous receipt until you reach the final status.  Which is often impractical in many companies.  For instance, often times qualification samples are sent in all at once so you'd have three batches of test batch samples received at one time.  There is a weird way around this involving security that is explained in the config document.  But I think it would call the standard 01 default inspection type which would probably not work for most people as it defeats the purprose of the status profile to progess through the various inspection levels.

I hope this helps.

Craig

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

For case 2, you can check the below option during UD:

a) For UD code A or R, please check the associated Follow-up actions linked to them, if any.

b) Try adding a FM linked in the follow-up action attached to UD code in such a way, that it picks up the status profile QM_P_001, and changes the status form 0005 to 0006.

Your point number 1 is something which I am not aware of, so you can wait for some further expert comments.

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjit

Thanks for you reply.

But I have not attached any follow up function to any of the code Accepted or Rejected. I have created Quality info record with status above mentioned profile and I could achieve each stage as soon as I do the acceptance of lot created for that vendor, material and plant combination  from Status 1 to 4.

As no follow up action is attached to UD code i have used.

Waiting for more comments

Manish