cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with DB13 to a remote Database-Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we've a Problem with DB13 backups/arcdhive/check-db etc. We want to start  for example: check-database on our Solutionmanager in the DB13 on a Remote Database-Server. The  Connection works over a Sap-Gateway on the Database-Server.

Connection works well:

Here is the error -mesage in DB13:

We've also checked the following SAP-Notes: 134592, 437648, 776505, 113747, 980266, 446172, 1853959, 1028624, 1025707

without any success. Same error-message (see above).

Our Landscape:

Solutionmanager: 7.1  on SLES 11 SP2

Database: Oracle: 11.2.0.4.0   on SUN SOLARIS 5.11      11.1May 2014

Standallone-Gateway installed on Database-Server

On the database-Server, we've add the <SID>adm from Solutionmanager and copied the brtools and sapxpg in the Home-Directory.

So , what can be the Problem? Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's terrible.One Problem after another. Now, I've fixed the oratab and the error message was fixed. But I get another error message:

My problem is: I don't understand the mechanism between the solutionmanager, DB13 and the standalone - Gateway on  the Database-Server. Which User is executed the DB13 (the SIDadm of the solman)? Which User executed the saxpg on the Database-Server( Solman-user, Gateway-User)? Which User executed the brconnect (Gateway-User, SOLMAN-User)? Which rights do I need to connect to the Database G40 and which user(Gateway-User, Solman-User)?  How can I fix the Problem above? I've not so much experience in SAP and Oracle-Databases, the SNOTE which I found, didn't help me to fix my Problem.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

I think, the answer is the note 1025707, which you have already mentioned. The gateway should run under cenadm user, and according to this note cenadm user is:

"(In the explanations, "CEN" is used as the system ID of the system on which the

DBA Cockpit runs, and "EX1", "EX2", and so on are used for the external

systems."

So if you need to configure DB13 in P01 System, then the standalone gateway on the database server should be installed also under p01adm user.

This section from the note 1025707:

"3. Connection through SAP Gateway

----------------------------

Install and configure a standalone SAP gateway on the host of

the external database (see Notes 657999 and 927508 for further information). Run

the gateway under the OS user cenadm (Unix) or SAPServiceCEN (Windows).

"

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've changed the rights in the home-Directory from the gatway-User. The error-message changed to:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

no the standalone-Gateway has it's own user g01adm

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Does this user g01adm have the path to the BR* executables in its PATH variable? This user will start sapxpg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The entries in the secinfo in recinfo were made as follow:

secinfo:

p TP=* USER=* USER-HOST=* HOST=*

reginfo:

p TP=*

I also checked the brconnect with p01adm on DB-Host:

Result:

I can additional open BRTOOLS and make all commands (for example: check db) in the menue.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Mathias,

does the standalone gateway also run under p01adm user?

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

If check the Log-Files from the Gateway on the DB-Server, dev_rd:  no entries.

Log from dev_w*:

0 Kudos

Hello Mathias,

try to configure secinfo and reginfo files for both gateways.

Br

Tomislav

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

do you get any messages in the traces (dev_w*, dev_rd (gateway on the database server and gateway of the R/3 instance, dev_rfc*) for this "permission denied" messages? Probably the traces contain some more information about which permissions and for which user are missing.

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to execute brtools(ie.brbackup) on DB host using sidadm user.

whats the result of it.

Br,

Koushal SOlanki