cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA user roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running SUSE SLES-SP3, SAP Business One for HANA 9.0 PL15.

In HANA Studio,

1. I have created a new user role PROC_EXEC_ONLY

2. I have granted a number of schema within this role with all privileges (Create Any, Alter, etc)

3. I have create a user DEV, and Granted Rolds with PROC_EXEC_ONLY

However, when i add a system using this user DEV, I cannot execute Store Procedures created in one of the schema that i should have full privileges. When i run the store procedures, i get the following error

SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized

Can i know what other authorization must i grant so that at least i can run store procedures for testing and development?

Thanks,

Taw-Fey, Tan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Taw-Fey,

How are you running the procedure for this new DEV user?  Is it schedule for example or are you right clicking on it and running it?  At the top of your procedure you should have the schema that the procedure should run under if it were scheduled to run.  Make sure the user corresponding to that schema that will be running the procedure also has SELECT access against the schema that you are trying to read from.  For example a lot of procedures I write, I actually have privileges to run however when I schedule the job with XS scheduling tool it runs under a different user and that's the user that needs the rights.  Please clarify and i'm sure we can help you.

-Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have the same issue too. I run the procedure in HANA Studio for debugging purpose (CALL SPNAME...) and got the same error message "insufficient priviledge...". Is there any other setting I need to do to call SP in HANA?

Regards,

Erwine