cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatted Search not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My company has a requirement for FMS for populating the Distibution Rule but its not working.

The setup is as below:

Dimension 1 - Cost Centre1 - Distribution Rule 1 ( 100% of CoC1)

Dimension 1 - Cost Centre2 - Distribution Rule 2 ( 100% of CoC2)

The company has 4 regions of work - North /South/East/West. Each region will have their document numbering series and will have its own cost centre created and configured eventually.

The requirement is that the user selects the document series based on region and the document line automatically populates the relevant distribution rule.

The FMS query used is as below

SELECT

CASE WHEN $[ORDR.series]='5' THEN 'N'

CASE WHEN $[ORDR.series]='55' THEN 'S'

CASE WHEN $[ORDR.series]='56' THEN 'E'

CASE WHEN $[ORDR.series]='57' THEN 'W'

END

The UDV setup is as below

-Auto refresh - when field changes

criteria on document series

-Display saved UDV

The problem is that selecting of the document series from top does not populate the relevant distribution rule but if the field is double clicked it pops up the selection window for distributionr rule. If i open the query manager to run the FMS query it shows the correct distribution rule.

Any idea or any other solution that might help get the result.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

ak20000
Discoverer
0 Kudos

try to change the setting, Ct + Sft + Alt , i hope then it will work .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagarajan. Unfortunately your query does not bring in any output for FMS so back to the earlier query which is working only for giving correct result in query run window but not in the line filed through FMS

Thanks John. I've tried your suggestion earlier to base it on item field at line level but as soon as i enter an item it pops up the window to select the dist rule code instead of automatically filling the code in the column.

Thanks Nitin.Your query is something that i've  used earlier and is similar to what Nagarajan and Gordon had suggested and infact is working correctly only if i run the query when i'm in AR Invoice window and also when i click on the lens in the field.

The only thing i cannot get around is why its again popping up the window to enter the distr rule even if the value is correctly populated after i click the lens ( although this should not be the case but i guess the user may have to live with that since the correct result is populating)

Thanks,

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you want check through TV?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's working fine on me, are you sure that the code you want is same on your distribution rule set up?

Regards,

Lean

Former Member
0 Kudos

The popping up window will not work for FMS. FMS may only look the current form values.

former_member209066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Check This

SELECT

CASE WHEN $[ORDR.series]='5' THEN 'N'

WHEN $[ORDR.series]='55' THEN 'S'

WHEN $[ORDR.series]='56' THEN 'E'

WHEN $[ORDR.series]='57' THEN 'W'

Else 'N'

END

Thanks,

Nithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagarajan, Manish and Gordon for the reply.

The problem remains the same.

The line item field in AR Invoice for Distribution Rule does not fill in automatically but when i click the lens it does pops up the correct rule based on the document series BUT when i try to move from the field it pops up the window for entering the Dist. Rule which is odd.

No matter what i do it does not fills in the Dist.rule automatically based on the doc series. clicking the lens fills in but then i cannot move to the next field or anywhere cause it pops up the distr rule window to fill in the code which it should not.

The UDV setup is as below

-Auto refresh - when field changes

criteria on document series

-Display saved UDV

All i want is the field to automatically  fill in the Dist rule code correctly based on doc series....Even the UDV condition on line item condition like item code field does not trigger it.

Thanks.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this query and let me know result.  Replace XXX with your series name.

SELECT case when  $[ORDR.series] = 5 and  T1.[SeriesName] = 'XXX' then 'N' END FROM ORDR T0  INNER JOIN NNM1 T1 ON T0.Series = T1.Series

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please try to set up your UDV to this:

Just change the DOCTYPE for your save FMS,  This is for Item Type for service just choose GL account instead Item no.

Regards,

Lean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try:

SELECT

CASE $[ORDR.series.number]

WHEN  5 THEN 'N'

WHEN 55 THEN 'S'

WHEN 56 THEN 'E'

WHEN 57 THEN 'W'